Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, you must cancel as soon as the miles post.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, you must cancel as soon as the miles post.
That's gonna be fun with Google Translate. Or maybe I can call in and get an operator who speaks English?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:23 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mmff
That's gonna be fun with Google Translate.
You don't need Google Translate when you've got oliver2002 (and a host of other German speakers/writers) on FT...

See e.g. this post and substitute Welt for FAZ.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Possibly. But one of us, such as myself, will help you with a short letter which you should snail mail AND email in. That's how I do it, and I've never had a problem (though, speaking German, I do call up and double check as well). You have to cancel before the last two editions have come, but the risk of leaving it that late is that you will forget.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
You don't need Google Translate when you've got oliver2002 (and a host of other German speakers/writers) on FT...

See e.g. this post and substitute Welt for FAZ.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Possibly. But one of us, such as myself, will help you with a short letter which you should snail mail AND email in. That's how I do it, and I've never had a problem (though, speaking German, I do call up and double check as well). You have to cancel before the last two editions have come, but the risk of leaving it that late is that you will forget.
Awesome. Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The little letter/email that Oliver wrote in that post you linked above will do the trick. He made the point, which I omitted to do, of requesting a written confirmation, which removes any doubt as whether they received and processed it or not. It can be quite tricky keeping on top of all this, especially if you're busy. I almost let a subscription slip without canceling it recently.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
[...]a short letter which you should snail mail AND email in. That's how I do it, and I've never had a problem (though, speaking German, I do call up and double check as well).
Why all the hassle of sending e-mail + mail + calling?
For years, I have always cancelled all my newspaper subscriptions by e-mail, asking for a confirmation. I have always received a confirmation and have never had any issues. @:-)
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I double check to avoid weird surprises. When I started all this, sometimes these messages did not get through, possibly because they were sent to the wrong address/email. Even now, in Germany, it's not so easy to know which email/postal address to deal with. It's a double protection which just takes a few more minutes work.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:28 pm

I double check to avoid weird surprises. When I started all this, sometimes these messages did not get through, possibly because they were sent to the wrong address/email. Even now, in Germany, it's not so easy to know which email/postal address to deal with. It's a double protection which just takes a few more minutes work.
Emailing has worked very well for me, too. I also request a confirmation.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by oliver2002
14k for 101€:
It is bad offer for me since it is only for German addresses
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've always felt that these FFP schemes work best for if make use of one, however bad it appears, that is local to where you live. Every time someone abroad asks for help with the LH or AB schemes it is quite hard to help them maximize it because the schemes are so Germano-centric. By the same token I get very little out of the British schemes I am a member of simply because I am not there enough to make use of local partners etc.

Back to the promotions and apologies for my misrepresentation of the Blacksocks offer: I should have investigated in more detail before posting. Lesson learnt. There is possibly another Swiss M&M promotion, this time for magazine subs with the talmedia company, but I haven't studied it in detail. I think that Annabelle was being offered for CHF139 yielding 8,000 miles, so not super interesting. But who wants Annabelle?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 6:25 am

Oh, I know - and I'm myself going to take the advantage of the promotion, but I was specifically responding to the last sentence of Concerto's post
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fair point, klausa, but WamS is not that bad for a Sunday read and there's occasionally been some good articles in it. I know some people who like it, but I wouldn't actually buy it myself from off the shelf. On the other hand, Annabelle is really brainless, I think.

But the main point here is the really decent miles-cost ratio (which does not apply to Annabelle). 14,000 miles is excellent for €101. Offers like these are really rare these days.

For those new to this who are on this bandwagon, don't expect the miles to post too quickly. I paid by LSV (direct debit from my account) and I got an email saying that the money would be debited on or after 14th February. Expect a month or so for the miles to appear, I would say, maybe 6 weeks.

Last edited by Concerto; Feb 2, 2016 at 7:51 am
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:17 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
As Concerto says: for those who view these offers as "buying miles and recycling paper" the WamS offer could be attractive. The Annabelle offer is clearly not.

On the other hand, where better to learn how to make "energy bites" as well as what they're called in New German (Energy Bites)?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
There is possibly another Swiss M&M promotion, this time for magazine subs with the talmedia company, but I haven't studied it in detail. I think that Annabelle was being offered for CHF139 yielding 8,000 miles, so not super interesting. But who wants Annabelle?
Thanks for the tip! Here's the promo: Link - apparently it is valid until the end of 2016.

Considering people are buying miles at CHF 0.01745 during Coop Trophies (myself included), the same ratio with 1 year Annabelle on top isn't too bad.

I made 3 family members happy with the last TA promo when Annabelle was CHF 135, yielding 10k miles.

Sonntagszeitung was also better in the last promo: CHF 174, yielding 10k miles - now up to CHF 199, yielding 8k miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.