Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH SEN
Originally Posted by ani90
Thanks. So even with a 1h 40 min connection it makes sense to go to the FCT as opposed to going to the FCL? I have never been to the FCT before so have no idea how accessibility compares to the FCL in terms of getting there from my BOM flight and getting to my LHR gate.
Others have pointed out how to get to the FCT. I definitely recommend NewbieRunner's tutorial.

As for how to get to your LHR gate: don't worry about it. You will be driven to your plane from the FCT.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by trouble_
Others have pointed out how to get to the FCT. I definitely recommend NewbieRunner's tutorial.

As for how to get to your LHR gate: don't worry about it. You will be driven to your plane from the FCT.
Thank you!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
I will be flying in F to Frankfurt in the next couple of weeks.
Flying from the US, I expect to be arriving at Z.

I have some waiting time in Frankfurt until my onward flight, and wanted to try out the F lounge in B. I have never been to that one.

After I arrive in Z, I will go through passport to A, then tunnel over to B area.
Will passport control there let me through to B, although my onward flight is to Copenhagen?

I have noticed that they have passport machines at the control there, but not sure if they will let me through since I have a boarding pass to Copenhagen.

I have a Norwegian passport.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:19 am

The passport machines don't read BPs and usually even if border patrols look weird at you for wanting to cross while on a intra-schengen itinerary, I found "I'm meeting a friend who doesn't have a schengen visa and is passing through." works wonders.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by klausa
The passport machines don't read BPs and usually even if border patrols look weird at you for wanting to cross while on a intra-schengen itinerary, I found "I'm meeting a friend who doesn't have a schengen visa and is passing through." works wonders.
Thank you klausa 👍🏻
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:18 pm

Hi,
FRA lounges question:
I'll have a 5 hour layover in FRA (BRU-KWI), and really want to check the FCT. But can I use a (or both) FCL's as well. I figure it would be difficult with clearing passport control and security, once i'm in FCL B?
Thx
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by airtrotter
Hi,
FRA lounges question:
I'll have a 5 hour layover in FRA (BRU-KWI), and really want to check the FCT. But can I use a (or both) FCL's as well. I figure it would be difficult with clearing passport control and security, once i'm in FCL B?
Thx
You can use both. There is a separate border control and security line for F and J passengers. I did it yesterday, FCL A and FCT. Visited B area too, very easy.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
  • Walk down from F to the Y section wearing your favorite t-shirt labelled "Eure Armut kotzt mich an"

translates roughly to "Your poverty makes me sick."
thanks for the good laugh!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:18 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by klausa
I found that "I want to use the lounge" works equally well. They're just trying to help you when they see you're "most likely" going the wrong way.

HTB.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:32 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Need some advice:

I'm a relatively newbie Lufthansa flyer (have not flown them in years).

Currently flying as follows using award miles for my wife and I:

EWR-FRA (747-8i in C Upper Deck)
1hr connection
FRA-VCE (321 in C)

VCE-FRA (321 in C)
1hr20min connection
FRA-EWR (747-8i in C Upper Deck)

First Class has opened up on the same day for our return for:

VCE-MUC (E190 in C)
1hr20min connection
MUC-EWR (346 in F)

It is obviously more miles but I'm wondering if it is worth making that change? Will we get enough time to experience the ground service in MUC at the F lounge? Will we get driven to the plane? Is it worth bothering to be honest?

Sorry for the newbie questions...please be kind in your responses and thank you in advance.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: LH HON
I'd do it for the in air experience

not much time for the Lounge - maybe take an earlier flight?

no car to the aircraft

if the flight from VCE arrives on an apron position, you will be picked up.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:14 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by daumueller
I'd do it for the in air experience

not much time for the Lounge - maybe take an earlier flight?

no car to the aircraft

if the flight from VCE arrives on an apron position, you will be picked up.
Thank you...the earlier flight isn't a good option because it means 8 hours transfer time.

Thanks for the advice!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by eagle92
First Class has opened up on the same day for our return for:

VCE-MUC (E190 in C)
1hr20min connection
MUC-EWR (346 in F)

It is obviously more miles but I'm wondering if it is worth making that change? Will we get enough time to experience the ground service in MUC at the F lounge? Will we get driven to the plane? Is it worth bothering to be honest?

MUC is a great experience and I like the F in the A346 better than in the B748, but, and that's a big BUT, 1h20 is barely enough to experience any of the ground servive in MUC.

The big birds usually leave from a gate position, i.e. no car to the plane, and becaue of the additional passport check and potential secondary security check just before you get to the gate, you will have to go the gate very soon after your feeder arrives.

With a longer layover, definitely! With just 1h20, the answer to the question "is it worth it" is a maybe...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by eagle92
Thank you...the earlier flight isn't a good option because it means 8 hours transfer time.
8 hour transfer time is maximizing the F experience!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
8 hour transfer time is maximizing the F experience!
HAHAHA...LOL...true...but that would not make my wife very happy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.