lack of responsiveness Miles & More

Old Jan 15, 2010, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life, M&M Senator
Unhappy lack of responsiveness Miles & More

Goodday to all,

as I am new here, i was wondering if anybody has experience in dealing with the Miles & More service centre. In October last year, I requested a status match from Flying Blue (Platinum member) to M&M. This was granted by M&M provided I took two flights with SN Brussels Airlines or partners before the end of 2009. M&M would monitor my status on a weekly basis and once those flights were taken, I would receive the status match in the M&M program which would be SEN.
In November last year, i have taken two flights with Lufthansa and since then i have been checking my account frequently to see the change in status. Surprisingly, up till now this has not been done and despite telephone calls (to a very expensive Belgian 0902 number, e-mails to the M&M service desk and fax, I receive no feedback. Is this how Miles & More treats their loyal customers?
Thanks for any feedback.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to the M&M forum, fdelite.

Have the miles for the two flights from November posted in your account? You could try calling the Miles & More Service Team in Germany who may have more experience.

If all fails you may want to contact LHrelate (aka Michelle) using the email link in her profile or by emailing relate at dlh dot de.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Call them up in Germany. Use Skype if calling from Belgium is too expensive (yes, it does cost as well but not a whole lot) Their are pretty competent and will let you know.

Ask them specific questions like if they see in your account that you have been registered for the status match and if they see whether there were any specifications about the two flights you had to take (two segments (unlikely) versus two round trips) Also, I am sure you flew in paid booking classes and not on award miles.
Did you receive the miles for those flights? If they haven't been credited to your account for some reason, they of course can't see that you have fulfilled the requirements set.

Let us know how it goes.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 4:15 am
Original Poster

thanks for the quick replies. My flights have been posted in my account (full fare Y) and I will try to get in touch with the german M&M team. Maybe this will indeed help.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
What do you mean with "lack of response" - you called them, you will get some form of feedback? Is it agnostic to your situation, a negative response, or just not the one you want to hear?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weero
What do you mean with "lack of response" - you called them, you will get some form of feedback? Is it agnostic to your situation, a negative response, or just not the one you want to hear?
Once my flights were posted on my account, I have mailed the M&M service desk (on 7 December). You got an automatic email back that they will to the question as soon as possible. By the end of December no reply though and at that time I called them to explain my situation (on 30 Dec). They have entered it into the system and also advised me to send a fax to expedite matters which I did. We are now 2 weeks later and I still haven't received a reply yet (whatever the answer may be: positive or negative). The thing is if they approve the status match in writing provided two flights were taken before year end, then doesn't it make sense to chase them? And to express dissatisfaction if you do not get a response?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by fdelite
..The thing is if they approve the status match in writing provided two flights were taken before year end, then doesn't it make sense to chase them? And to express dissatisfaction if you do not get a response?
It does. This is why I did inquire what kind of response you get on the phone.

So basically they ask you do resport to writing and then they ignore it. The latter they even do to their year long-elites so that part doesn't surprise me one bit. But the phone bit was of interest.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: LH FTL
I assume you had no status before with M&M and that is why you took the opportunity to do a status match.... But why do you consider yourself a loyal customer after two flights???

To become serious again: It takes M&M sometimes outragesly long to reply to simple things (I had to wait 5 weeks for crediting miles from a LX flight where only one segment credited and the other did not....

But the good news is that things do not tend to get lost, it just sometimes takes forever....

BTW: Welcome to the Miles&More forum!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by captainiglo
..But why do you consider yourself a loyal customer after two flights??? ..
State of mind, perhaps?

Is loyalty linked in any way to frequency? I flew LH very often but I am by no means a loyal customer. In the contrary, I have no respect for the carrier, its hardware, management, and its performance anymore .
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: Lufthansa, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Avis
State of mind, perhaps?

Is loyalty linked in any way to frequency? I flew LH very often but I am by no means a loyal customer. In the contrary, I have no respect for the carrier, its hardware, management, and its performance anymore .
could't say it better. I was a loyal LH cutomer, but now I'm changing to BA and AA. LH is not loyal to me. And not consitant for sure.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by LFCorsten
..LH is not loyal to me..
That very much expressed my sentiment.

On top of the devaluation, add the insulting marketing obscenities such as "the customers asked the Free Upgrade Vouchers to be discontinued" etc etc etc and you feel left alone.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:10 am
Original Poster

State of mind, perhaps?

Well, for several reasons I would switch to M&M. First of all, the Flying Blue program, in which I have been a platinum member for 7 years, hasn't become attractive anymore since 1 Apr 2009 (new rules, less advantages for elites). And secondly, as I will be traveling a lot to Austrlalia and Singapore in the coming years, my preference goes to Singapore airlines (who have a very good schedule) compared to AF or KLM who do not operate any flights to Australia themselves but in code share only.

But judging from the comments on LH (but does it also apply to the frequent flyer program M&M), the grass isn't always greener on the other side :-)
Old Jan 18, 2010, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by LFCorsten
could't say it better. I was a loyal LH cutomer, but now I'm changing to BA and AA. LH is not loyal to me. And not consitant for sure.
Have fun transferring at LHR !
At least those experiences are consistant !
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:33 am

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Have fun transferring at LHR !
At least those experiences are consistant !

YAP, HELL IN A CELL, if you ask me...
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, AB GOLD, SPG PLAT, HHONORS Diamond
I was on the Phone with M&M SEN line today. The agent insisted that AI is a Star allaince partner for LH and just that not all Star partners do not award Status miles ;-) I tried to reason with her and then gave up. I am very much aware that status miles are awarded only on Star allaiance members. I just hope we do not get another enhancement " Status miles are awared only on LH or only when we wish to do so".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.