Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:29 am

amadeus.net shows updated info for the FRA-NRT flight. Starting with June 11, every other day is 380 except Thursday, June 17. It is skipped so that Friday and Sunday are 380 days. ANA award website isn't updated yet. There is no F availability on 380 days (didn't look at NRT-FRA) but usually Y and sometimes C.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:52 am

http://airlineroute.net/2010/04/29/lh-380routes/

eff 11JUN10 Tokyo (3 weekly, daily from 04AUG10)
eff 25AUG10 Beijing
eff 25OCT10 Johannesburg (3 weekly)

Last edited by jimyvr; Apr 29, 2010 at 3:12 am
Old Apr 29, 2010, 4:47 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jiml1126
http://airlineroute.net/2010/04/29/lh-380routes/

eff 11JUN10 Tokyo (3 weekly, daily from 04AUG10)
eff 25AUG10 Beijing
eff 25OCT10 Johannesburg (3 weekly)
Can't see F awards on any of the flights Is this an indication that F will be completely removed from *A award inventory? Or will there still be a possibility f getting awards close to travel etc?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:08 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by pogonation
Can't see F awards on any of the flights Is this an indication that F will be completely removed from *A award inventory? Or will there still be a possibility f getting awards close to travel etc?
Only time will tell. But I guess LHs main priority is not to load F award inventory but to see how many seats they can sell.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Old news

is now out.

http://presse.lufthansa.com/en/news-...icle/1691.html

Interesting to note the press release doesn't make any comment about the Business Class.

The completely new First Class, with eight generous seats on the upper deck, promotes a sense of individuality. Business Class, with 98 seats on the upper deck, and Economy Class, with 420 seats on the main deck, provide unprecedented comfort and an impressive feeling of space.
Unless "unprecedented comfort and an impressive feeling of space" also refers to C.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:59 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a quick note since I've heard from some who are disappointed that the A380 will not serve JFK (yet) as Mr. Mayrhuber had indicated at SMD in November.

The information he gave us was what was available at that time and it seemed firm enough to give FlyerTalk the scoop. I was in the audience that day too, ecstatic to learn that the A380 would be in my backyard.

After SMD there were more internal discussions and the destinations have really been uncertain since December/January. We literally got the final decision yesterday and I'm also disappointed that it doesn't include any US gateways - for now. But you and I know that there are sound business reasons behind.

I am sorry that it won't be as originally announced, but please don't accuse us of dishonesty or worse, as it's simply not the case. The best (worst?) thing about this industry, what keeps us all coming back, is that it's never boring and it's got more drama than a soap opera

Best,
Michelle
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Thanks for the heads up, Michelle.

Could you disclose if there is any change in the F redemption poicy? (Not asking about specific levels/availability, just wondering if there will be a total F blackout for Star Partners, for example).
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I think for a thread that was open nearly 6 months with plenty of speculation and some of it turning out to be true its time to lay it to rest.

Closing the thread. Please use the other A380 thread to continue the discussion.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.