Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walk to hotels at LAX...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Question Walk to hotels at LAX...

I'm staying at one of the hotels on the W. Century Blvd strip, just past the Radison which I believe is the 1st hotel. Are there sidewalks one can use to get to the hotel strip? Why, you may ask. I hate waiting for a shuttle if I can walk. especially if a mile or so in distance.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:49 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yes, there are sidewalks on Century Blvd. I'd try and get on the correct side of the street as early as possible; the blocks are long and the lights are not timed for pedestrian convenience.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
3.5* Radisson on N side of Century followed by 4* Sheraton. Enjoy our beautifully landscaped sidewalks and trees enroute, for example at the corner of Sepulveda/Century -- everybody else zooms past 'em.

If your destination is on the S side of Century walk past the Sheraton on the N side before crossing over.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Sure, it is possible to walk. Why not take one of the free hotel shuttles?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 9:23 am

Where Century enters the terminal area it splits to form the loop. In the center of the "split" is a landscaped area, a set of decorative pillars, and huge "L" "A" "X" letters that are fairly new but quickly becoming an LA icon. The evening news has a live splash screen of this area. You should stand under the "A" between 5pm-530pm and wave to all of us!

Agree you are better to be on the N side of Century *before* heading out of the terminal area. It's a nicer walk on that side of the street; the other side is ramps, hangars, and airport facilities.

PS- If you turn north on Sepulveda and walk a mile you're at In-n-Out Burger!!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by mbstone
3.5* Radisson on N side of Century followed by 4* Sheraton. Enjoy our beautifully landscaped sidewalks and trees enroute, for example at the corner of Sepulveda/Century -- everybody else zooms past 'em.
Don't forget the 3* Courtyard Marriott, which sits between the Radisson and the Sheraton.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
You should not have to wait more than a few minutes for a shuttle. There are much nice places to walk in LA.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:36 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
You should not have to wait more than a few minutes for a shuttle. There are much nice places to walk in LA.
The LAB has been pressuring shuttle operators to make them run MUCH less often.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Sure, it is possible to walk. Why not take one of the free hotel shuttles?
+1, as soon as I land, I give them a ring, usually its a minimal wait time.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Will be staying at the LAX Hilton next week and considering walking to the In N Out on Sepulveda Blvd in the evening. Apart from the possible lack of sidewalks (or pavements as we Brits like call them) is the area around LAX safe to walk around at 9/10pm mid-week?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
If you stay on the main streets, yes. I would not try and take any shortcuts, though.

Airport Blvd. to Westchester Parkway is well light and has a decent amount of traffic.

Century Blvd. to Sepulveda Blvd. would have even more traffic.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, AMEX Plat, Priority Club Plat, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Will be staying at the LAX Hilton next week and considering walking to the In N Out on Sepulveda Blvd in the evening. Apart from the possible lack of sidewalks (or pavements as we Brits like call them) is the area around LAX safe to walk around at 9/10pm mid-week?
If you are not interested in walking, one can always do a double shuttle: the hotel shuttle back to airport and then the SEPULVEDA Parking Spot Shuttle (the red one).

It seems to be pretty wet right now, so I just wanted to give you another option.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by hopscotch1
If you are not interested in walking, one can always do a double shuttle: the hotel shuttle back to airport and then the SEPULVEDA Parking Spot Shuttle (the red one).
I did exactly this last year, when staying at the Renaissance. Took the hotel shuttle to LAX and picked up RED Parking Spot shuttle. Told the driver I was going to I-and-O, he had no problem, and dropped me next to the exit door leading to I-and-O. Afterward, with the weather so nice, I decided to walk back (26 minutes at a moderate pace).
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks for the info about the different options. Much appreciated.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Hi all,

Just shooting in a quick question here, to be 100% sure.

I might be staying at the Radisson at LAX on an upcoming trip. Considering to actually walk over, I've been taking a look at Google Maps.

I will arrive at TBIT, and I'm assuming that I can then simply walk out of the terminal, on the lower, arrivals level, take a left, and follow the road (which then makes a 90 degree turn to the right) alongside terminals 3, 2 and 1, then simply walk till I'm at Sepulveda blvd, cross that,and be at the hotel.

Am I correct in assuming this?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.