Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2001 - 2021) [Archived]

Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Newer posts on this topic have been relocated to a new thread.The Consolidated LAX Parking Thread (2019 - Date)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 5, 2001, 9:58 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum Premier-

I need to leave my car at LAX for about a week. Who has the best rates? I see you can park at the airport lots for cheaper than outside lots, are they not as safe? Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2001, 9:16 pm

I park at Lot C for periods of a week at a time on a pretty regular basis. I've never had a problem with safety while parking there and have never heard of one. It's relatively cheap at $7 per day. Lot B is $5 per day but is a little farther away.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 12:15 pm

We park in Parking Lot B, mentioned above at $5 per 24 hours, They have a shuttle that takes you to the terminal every 10-15 mins.
Old Aug 10, 2001, 5:35 pm

Programs: PSA, Air Cal, Tarom Glam Miles (pre-devaluation)
Don't forget to leave extra time for Lots B&C, especially in the morning when tons of airport workers are trying to get to their jobs... those buses can get quite crowded and you may have to wait for the next one (also, the way it works generally is that one shuttle picks you up in the parking lot and drops you off at the depot where another bus takes you to the airport).

Cheers, :-)

Irene
Old Aug 17, 2001, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
What time in the morning are the tons of workers trying to get to their jobs at LAX?

Kathy

Old Aug 21, 2001, 10:43 pm
Original Member

I use to park a car (long term rental car) in Lot C almost weekly. It was pretty easy to get to the terminal, however I found that the car would be covered in soot (or whatever you would call it) since it is right at the end of the north runways.

On the other hand, try parking as far west as you can in lot C (also look for the ILS lighting for the runway) and wait for a 747 on approach.
Old Aug 26, 2001, 6:37 pm

The problem (my main .....) with the LAX lots (B&C) is: You can wait too damn long fopr the busses, they are often overcrowded as noted here, but, if on a late arrival you can wait 20-30 minutes curbside.

Aampco or wally park or auto LA parking are much more reliable.

JOHNNY
Old Aug 31, 2001, 10:46 pm

I park at the Crown Plaza hotel on Century Blvd. It is a covered garage and, if you are a member of the AAA you can park for $8.50 a day. Their shuttle runs to the airport quite frequently.
Old Oct 9, 2001, 7:44 pm
cnk

Favorite LAX Private Parking?

Just wondering what people's preferences are with regard to private parking at LAX? I guess major criteria would be:

- Price (and coupons or other discounts)
- Shuttle frequency

Any thoughts? I used to use Mega Park. They're quite cheap, but their shuttle service is unimpressive.
Old Oct 10, 2001, 1:08 pm

WallyPark:

A little bit on the pricey side, but has valet and self-park options. Shuttle service is the most excellent I have found at LAX but has declined a wee bit since 9/11. I had to call for pickup this Sunday for the first time in two years of using them - but it was still pretty fast. I love the wash and service options.
Old Oct 13, 2001, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cnk:
Just wondering what people's preferences are with regard to private parking at LAX? I guess major criteria would be:

- Price (and coupons or other discounts)
- Shuttle frequency

Any thoughts? I used to use Mega Park. They're quite cheap, but their shuttle service is unimpressive.
</font>
A major factor might be which terminal you're going to. For flyers of Southwest and some other airlines that are in Terminal 1, ParkOne makes the question of shuttle service irrelevant, because (although they have one) it's so easy to take the couple-minute walk from ParkOne to Terminal 1 (which they're right next to) that it beats any shuttle I could conceive of from anywhere!

But it is outdoor and more expensive than most others, so it's probably not as good a benefits/cost ratio if you're going to a faraway terminal (where you'll need a shuttle anyway) or if you'll need to spend extra time getting a carwash negating all the time you saved parking close outdoors, or if you're parking.

The only other private parking I've used is the indoor one (multiple confusing names, so I don't know what to call it) that's on the north side of Century Blvd a few blocks before the airport with a sign saying how it's $8ish or whatever for AAA members (which I am). It's shuttle service was fine last Thanksgiving morning when all the public lots were full, but when I got back late in the evening a few days later they had no shuttles running at all and I couldn't figure out how to contact them (I knew what color shuttle to look for and I remembered the name on the shuttle but that didn't match the name of the parking lot!), so I had to walk blocks and blocks searching for them visually. Ugh!!!

I used to use public Lot B because it was the cheapest, and shuttles do run 24 hours without you having to call anywhere. But right now I understand only Lot C is public longterm, and a mess. I have used it once since the 11th (when ParkOne was still closed), and I walked rather than waiting around for a shuttle but again I only have to go to Terminal 1 (which is the closest to Lot C).

[This message has been edited by Stefan Daystrom (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old Jan 8, 2002, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX Parking Fee Increase?

http://www.flyertalk.com/airports/ft...ML/000025.html
Old Jan 9, 2002, 8:57 am
Suspended

I heard this on the radio today. I can't believe they're charging $30 to park at the terminal now.

Wasn't it only $16 two years ago? Then they raised it to $24 (which I thought was a highway robbery...a 50% increase!).

Now $30?

I often park offsite (The Parking Spot or sometimes Park One).

What other places do you other FT'ers recommend?
Old Jan 9, 2002, 1:03 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I use Wallypark almost exclusively, but my company pays for it. They are not cheap. Currently they are 17.95/day but they offer a AAA discount, that is pretty good when you stay four or five days. Their shuttle service is outstanding.

I noticed last night as I was returning to Wallypark the The Parking Spot is offering covered self park now for 79.95/per week. Additional days are pro-rated.

Don't forget that all the parking places just outside of LAX add a 10% city tax.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 1:29 am

Hey there. I am disgusted with the price
increase. As a native Angeleno who has
seen all, , this just pretty much does me in. They say that because of reduced travel grace a 9/11, they have lost money, so have to recoup. Now, more people will park elsewhere or just have a ride. Can they figure out that the increased price will turn people off??? (duh! )

When I fly domestically(as I am doing tomorrow, my first flight in 2002) for a few days, I drive myself, and yes, I like the freedom.

When I fly longhaul/international with the jetlag and all, I get a ride.

I use the 105 parking lot, just west of the 105 freeway on Sepulveda. You leave your bags at the entrance, nice staff, can do self park or valet, and you have your bags waiting for you in the shuttle waiting to go when you come back, I love it!
I am hooked. I think it is $9 something per day, give or take, but I have coupons, and you can pick them up at the office.

I used to do Park One, but they have majorly
hiked rates, more so for valet. This place is perfect if you fly out of Terminal 1, can walk.

Hope this helps. Keep flying!!!

------------------
MD
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.