Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Hyatt & Westins of LA

Hyatt & Westins of LA

Old Jun 15, 2005, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Hyatt & Westins of LA

I'm going to be in Los Angeles during the summer doing all the typical touristy things. Right now, I am lost on where to stay. However, I've narrowed it down to the Park Hyatt, the Westin Century Plaza, and the Westin Bonaventure Hotel. The Bonaventure seems to be more of a business hotel, which kinda makes me lean towards the other westin and the park hyatt. Basically, my decision is based on whichever hotel is better in terms of rooms, facilities (pool), and location. If anyone's stayed at any of the three properties, drop a line.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 12:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Park Hyatt all the way - the Century Plaza is really run down & old looking; same goes for the Bonaventure ins pite of it's novel in earlier days architecture. Plus, that area isn't all that great. Tons of reviews on the Park Hyatt on the Hyatt forum here - you'll be happy.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 1:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by brendamc
Park Hyatt all the way - the Century Plaza is really run down & old looking; same goes for the Bonaventure ins pite of it's novel in earlier days architecture. Plus, that area isn't all that great. Tons of reviews on the Park Hyatt on the Hyatt forum here - you'll be happy.
The Park Hyatt, built originally as a J.W. Marriott, is a very nice hotel.
But I would not say that either Westin is run down. In fact, the Westin Century Plazz and Spa is quite a nice property.

As for the Westin Bonaventure area, Downtown is becoming THE growth area for the city of Los Angeles. High end condos and apartments in Downtown Los Angeles are open, opening, under construction or planned. And lots of new restaurants have been added with many more to come. New shopping (including a Ralphs supermarket later this year), entertainent and a new 70 story Hilton hotel and a botique hotel w/ apartments, condos and a Whole Foods Market are on the way over the next few years.

Last edited by CalItalian; Jun 19, 2005 at 1:04 pm
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
Park Hyatt - centrally located, near Olympic Blvd, SM Blvd., and the freeways - simply newer than the Century Plaza - depending on whether you want nightlife/vibe built in, you may also consider the W in Westwood (nice pool) and the quirky/legendary Sunset Marquis
Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just did two days at the Bonaventure and it is in fine shape. As stated, Downtown LA is a great location these days. But it depends on exactly what you want to do? Downtown and the west side are separated by horrible traffic most of the time. So choose wisely.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
My family loves the Bonaventure. 30K twinkling lights in the lobby at Christmas. Mostly, though, it the the proximity to all things downtown. Century City, in our view, is nowhere. But then we don't shop Rodeo Drive. We like the plays, museums, Disney Concert Hall, etc plus the funky stuff like Grand Central Market. You can always find something interesting to walk to in downtown. The Biltmore (LA Conservancy) has an architectural tour of LA leaving 10 AM from the lobby every Saturday. Downtown is closer to Pasadena and USC/Exposition Park also. Last time we were at the Bonaventure we got one of those legendary heavenly beds...
Old Jul 1, 2005, 7:26 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I have NOT stayed at the Bonaventure, but I have at the other two, and I'll join in the votes for the Park Hyatt. I think it's the best of the three properties. Additionally, while Century City itself is not interesting, I think it's a more central and convenient location. And, notwithstanding Disney Hall and the ongoing improvement of downtown, it still feels morguelike on weekends.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 11:45 am

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
As another poster mentioned, it depends on your agenda. All things being equal I'd opt for the Park Hyatt.

Although you can't go wrong eithern way.

mapsgl

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.