Reload this Page >

LAX T4-T5 connector tunnel (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX T4-T5 connector tunnel (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by OrvilleWright
Sorry you don't like the "I can't tell you," but I can't. And, I did answer the question, subject to some very real limitations. The answer is "There were good reasons at the time." The fact that you don't get to personally see the reasons so you can decide if they met your personal standards is immaterial.
I, for one, appreciate the information that you posted.

Thank you. ^
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by calwatch
Then don't answer the question in the first place, but don't feel personally offended when someone anonymous asks for your caning when you can't answer the question. That's the point.
I second the call for caning. First the security theater. And now the corporate welfare.
Old May 24, 2014, 10:59 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Some talk about the T4-T5 tunnel opening in conjunction with the October gate 44 elevator/escalator refurbishing over at Airline Forums.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Perhaps there's some consideration again for opening the T4-T5 tunnel...

American Airlines will sublease four LAX gates from United

Looks like the T4-T5 tunnel may reopen...would be a bit of a walk, but, assuming the T4-T5 tunnel links to the one to T6, pax would only need to enter T5 if they chose to do so.

American will have four gates in Terminal 6, subleased from United. There is a tunnel inside security– it has long been closed but should reopen — that connects Terminal 4 to Terminal 6. It is a long walk, however. Passengers must walk through Delta’s terminal.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Tunnel will open fall 2014. AA will take gates 60-63 in T6 from United as well as some ticketing positions. T4 -> T5 -> T6 will be about a 9-minute walk.

Via: https://twitter.com/briansumers/stat...51895162081281
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:40 pm

Earlier this week I transferred from Lufthansa (arrivals) to United domestic. Glad I had a few hours in between my flights, so I could take a leisurely walk!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:20 am

Bump this thread, it is mid October already..Any insights on when this T4-T5 tunnel will be reopened?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by anchor79
Bump this thread, it is mid October already..Any insights on when this T4-T5 tunnel will be reopened?
Well it is fall- so maybe next spring?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:06 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA is set to start using four gates in T6 on October 28. I suspect that the reopening of the tunnel will be around that time.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:32 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by TWA884
AA is set to start using four gates in T6 on October 28. I suspect that the reopening of the tunnel will be around that time.
I hope someone will update the tunnel status when AA begins operating in T6.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Gate 44 was open again last night, as was the tunnel out to the baggage area. On the signage, there is mention of T-5 connector. Things appear to be close to completion.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:03 pm

Looks like shuttle for now, at least according to US Air Magazine

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pace...index.php#/184
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by radiowell
Looks like shuttle for now, at least according to US Air Magazine

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pace...index.php#/184
The shuttle to T6 has been operating ever since Alaska Airlines moved there from T3 several years ago.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
It is reported in the AA forum that the T4-T5 tunnel opened today.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dayone
I hope someone will update the tunnel status when AA begins operating in T6.
I can report this morning I walked the tunnel from T-4 to T-6, so indeed it is open.

The tunnel is not by the bus loading area. Its at the bottom of the escalator going to baggage claim. You make a U turn right at the bottom of the escalator. There is a large set of double doors you go through to access the tunnel. There are also AA offices down there.

I stopped by the Board Room to ask if AC members could use the Board Room. According to the agent at the desk AA and Alaska are working on an agreement for mutual use, but it hasn't been completed yet. The agent was surprised to learn AA was taking the gates over on Tuesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.