Wiki Posts
Search

White 777 at VIP Parking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
White 777 at VIP Parking

There is a white, title-less 777 sitting at the VIP parking area on the south side of the airport. I think it's been there for about two weeks, give-or-take.

Anyone know whose it was and who it is going to?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Is it a 777 or 777F?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bzcat
Is it a 777 or 777F?
777 and if I had to guess it had GE90s, but was not a LR.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Ok, you have my interest piqued. I may have to swing by on my home tonight and take a looksee.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
I too noticed it last weekend and it sparked my interest... When I flew back last night (Friday), it wasn't parked there anymore.

I would love to have a look inside that plane!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 2:55 pm

Interesting. Any update on this?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Didn't see it today. Was it in the area near Sepulveda (that you can see when you take the exit from the 105) or was it in parking area by Atlantic flight services (a little further west)?

When I landed today, I noticed an all-white at Atlantic but it appeared to be a 767, not a 777 so was probably a different plane.

The other night, on the way out, I also noticed a Qatar A330(?) parked in the area by Sepulveda. Assume that it's a Qatar government plane and not a standard commercial flight? Was driving so I couldn't jot down a registration number.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Didn't see it today. Was it in the area near Sepulveda (that you can see when you take the exit from the 105) or was it in parking area by Atlantic flight services (a little further west)?

When I landed today, I noticed an all-white at Atlantic but it appeared to be a 767, not a 777 so was probably a different plane.

The other night, on the way out, I also noticed a Qatar A330(?) parked in the area by Sepulveda. Assume that it's a Qatar government plane and not a standard commercial flight? Was driving so I couldn't jot down a registration number.
When I went to the airport yesterday at 3:00, the Qatar 332 was parked where the 777 was parked last week. That Quatar plane is parked there pretty frequently these days.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:55 am
Original Poster

It was parked a little west of the Sepulveda tunnel, towards the old LAX terminal, and was definitely a 777. Oh well, some things are just not meant to be solved! Although, I'm about to land at LAX in about an hour, so we'll see if it's still there.

I was just about to say, I thought the Qatar government charters were all 340-200s, but I'll bite my tongue based on Wikipedia.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah, I got home later than I thought I would so forgot to swing out towards LAX... just shot down the 405, heading for bed!
Old May 2, 2013, 6:47 am

Plane # is VP-CAL, not very much info on it. There were dozens of private jets at LAX last weekend, about three times the normal amount. They had them packed so tightly together that there was barely room to walk in-between. Must have been a job-creators convention in town. It is not very often that you see a wide-body private plane, though. About the only other ones I see have a Saudi or some other oil-tycoon country flag on them. There was also a Qatar airlines plane parked over there for a while, presumably for one of the filthy rich oil sheiks on a shopping trip.

Last edited by downinit; May 2, 2013 at 6:53 am
Old May 2, 2013, 7:37 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
VP-CAL is owned by Montkaj Ltd, which is allegedly a company controlled by Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Fahd bin Abdul Azziz.

The Prince owns a mega-mansion in Bel Air.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by downinit
Must have been a job-creators convention in town.
LOL

Actually, I believe some of the Arab royals were in town for the Lakers playoff game.
Old May 6, 2013, 11:08 am
Original Poster

And it's back! Registration VP-CAL confirmed. If you're at or around LAX today the plane is parked by the private jet terminal.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
And it's back! Registration VP-CAL confirmed. If you're at or around LAX today the plane is parked by the private jet terminal.
It's a 777-200LR operated by Aviation Link, based out of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, as a VIP charter.

http://www.planespotters.net/Product...nk-Company.php

http://www.aviation-link.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.