Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California > Los Angeles
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 17, 12, 12:10 pm   #1

Programs: UA Plat
Metrolink Parking

are there park and rides at the metrolink lots? i was hoping to leave my car at the rancho cucamonga metrolink station for the weekend as i traveled up to the high desert. suggestions?
haddon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 12, 2:07 pm   #2

Programs: AA, DL, UA
I can't think of any Metrolink stations in the suburbs that doesn't have some kind of parking. However, not all of them are park and ride lots (which is open 24/7). The non park and ride lots will close after the last train for the night so you will likely be ticketed or towed.
bzcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 12, 3:54 pm   #3

Programs: UA Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
I can't think of any Metrolink stations in the suburbs that doesn't have some kind of parking. However, not all of them are park and ride lots (which is open 24/7). The non park and ride lots will close after the last train for the night so you will likely be ticketed or towed.
i have noticed that there are some park and ride lots off the 15 freeway, so i may be able to use them.
haddon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 12, 9:27 pm   #4

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddon90 View Post
i have noticed that there are some park and ride lots off the 15 freeway, so i may be able to use them.
I left my car in Rancho once when I rode that train in, had a bit too much in LA and did not return to it until the morning. No ticket, but this was only one night and years ago. I am inclined to think that stations with Amtrak would not be super strict but I guess you never know.

I'm not sure what type of car you have but that may be another consideration. When I used to live out there the park and ride lots did not have much security and were somewhat set-away from major roads. Almost would seem safer to leave it on a residential street vs. some dark and set-back park and ride lot that suggests "I'm not coming back for awhile".

Last edited by Consultette; Sep 17, 12 at 9:35 pm.
Consultette is offline   Reply With Quote