Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Mini Van Taxi from LAX to Anaheim?

Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT

We are 3 adults and 2 (young) kids flying into LAX on AA metal. Is it possible to get a mini-van taxi from LAX taxi stand to Anaheim? If yes, is the approximate fare about ~$125? Getting in late and I'd rather cab it and pick up a rental car locally later into the trip.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Really up to the cabbie if they want to drive that far out I believe.

Here's a useful website:
http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.p...=Anaheim%2C+CA

Estimated Fare:
$93.80
Per Los Angeles County, CA taxi rates$107.87 incl. 15% tip

Cost with Traffic
$92.39 - Light
$95.57 - Heavy
$93.80 - Medium

You may wanna call Local Taxi Phone Numbers listed on that site and see if maybe you can set up an appointment?

Will you really save that kind of money going without a car in LA/OC? Remember you need to get a ride to the car rental place in OC once you're there.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:13 pm

Why don't you check with the shuttle companies? They offer private van service in addition to shared service. It would be under US$90 for a one-way private transfer (LAX → Anaheim).

Try Prime Time Shuttle
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We live int he Anaheim area and use Execucar when we are travelling in larger groups.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the shuttle suggestions. I didn't now they offer private shuttles as well. I assumed it was always a shared ride and then the math doesn't make sense.

How does it work if you use, e.g. Prime Time, as a private shuttle for 5 people. Is someone waiting for you with a sign at baggage claim?

ExecuCar's shuttle said max 4 people but I will call to see if the will allows 3 adults + 2 small kids as well (picture of the van looks like we should all fit).
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
You want Express by ExecuCar by SuperShuttle. It's a private (non-shared) van service for up to five (5) passengers.

LAX to Disneyland is currently quoting at $72 for 1-5 pax before gratuity or any promo code you might be able to find. The rate is the same for five passengers as for one passenger.

Clean vans, courteous drivers, efficient/timely service.

They also give UA miles.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! ^

I tried the Express By Execu Car but it does let you book 5 people even though their web site says you can book 5 people. When I put in 5 people I get an error and get bumped up to the higher fare from a van to luxury SUV. I also called them and the same result w/ their computer. The must have changed the policy from 5 down to 4.

Looks like we are going to use Prime Time Shuttle! This really saves the hassle of a 1 way car rental, and dragging luggage to the LAX rental car lot on the bus late at night with the kids after doing the east cost/west coast haul w/ a connection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.