Mattel Experience, Kitson, Ford's Filling Station landing at LAX

Subscribe
LA Times: Mattel Experience, Kitson, Ford's Filling Station landing at LAX

Some new shopping and eating options...

Quote:
Los Angeles International Airport will feature a new lineup of 60 shops and restaurants in selected terminals this year, an upgrade that's part of the airport's LAneXt project, according to a statement released Monday.

The accent for the new terminal offerings is on L.A. chefs and businesses. Newcomers to Terminal 5 include the Mattel Experience, a stand-alone store that will feature Barbies, Matchbook, Hot Wheels and American Girl dolls, and Ford's Filling Station restaurant. Trendy Kitson opened up shop last week in Terminal 2.
Ford's Filling Station, eh? I can see their motto now -- "A great place to get pre-flight gas." I vaguely recall a motoring-decorated food place in T8, maybe that is the one.
Moving to the Los Angeles subforum for member convenience... /Moderator
Quote: Ford's Filling Station, eh? I can see their motto now -- "A great place to get pre-flight gas." I vaguely recall a motoring-decorated food place in T8, maybe that is the one.
Benjamin Ford is an accomplished chef (and the son of Harrison Ford).
Ford's Filling Station is a good, but not great restaurant in Culver City's restaurant row. As airport food goes, it will be a champ.

Even better will be Campanile and (for the fast food crowd) Cole's in Terminal 4, plus Engine Company 28 iin T-8.
Quote: Benjamin Ford is an accomplished chef (and the son of Harrison Ford).
Also located at the site that was formerly of a gas station back in the 1930s
Quote: Ford's Filling Station, eh? I can see their motto now -- "A great place to get pre-flight gas." .
Yeah. Your seatmates will love you.
Quote: Yeah. Your seatmates will love you.
Don't be so negative. If you're flying Southwest or other airline without a pre-assigned seat, if may ensure you get lots of space on either side of your seat.