Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dinner at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Dinner at LAX

We (threee adults, two kids) have a three hour layover between a six hour flight from NY and a 13 hour flight to New Zealand that will take off at effectively 1 AM, so my plan is to skip the meal service and go to sleep immediately. If we want to sit down and have a decent meal at the airport, which is a better choice: Encounter, or the Daily Grill?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Since you are going to leave the secure zone, I say go to Encounter... it's a famous landmark so you can say you've been there Kids may enjoy the view of the airport too and watch the planes land and takeoff for 2 hours. The food is pretty good but not amazing.

Daily Grill food is better but it is just a regular airport location. Nothing special for the kids.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:11 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Encounter shuts down dinner service at either 9pm or 9:30pm, depending on the day.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Don't forget In-N-Out. You can either take a taxi or the parking spot shuttle.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...d-threads.html
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:30 am

Programs: CO NW DL AA SPG Hyatt
Encounter. The food is decent and the view is nice, besides, as was mentined, you can say "been there"..
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:32 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Ended up at the Bradley Terminal's Daily Grill yesterday for a business lunch. The group of us were pleasantly surprised at the food and service (it was not a very busy time of the day there, though).

Prices on the menu were a bit odd. Item pricing ended in unusual numbers, like 10 cents. Suspect the concessioner (Delaware North) was adding some sort of mark-up of "street" prices, based upon the contract they had with the Airport. Lunch for the four of us with a shared appetizer, soft drinks, tax, and tip was $92.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
One has not fully experienced an LAX layover without a trip to In 'N Out! Easy and fast. ^
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by daiseee
One has not fully experienced an LAX layover without a trip to In 'N Out! Easy and fast. ^
I said it before earlier in this thread. The bucket list way to spend a layover at LAX is In 'N Out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.