LGB-(Long Beach Airport) best to avoid for awhile

Subscribe
I flew lgb/smf rt this weekend. LGB has closed the economy lots and opened a fancy new garage which is $17 a day with no economy options available.
They are doing a full remodel and it is was a torture yesterday walking in the rain. The remodel should be complete in 2013 and I will be avoiding LGB till then
If you're not parking though, LGB is still the best airport from a lot of LA, including DTLA, for its ease of access to your flight, and because JetBlue kills the legacies for paid coach tickets,
Are there any cheaper options? I've been trying to look. I like LGB for short hops to Vegas for the weekend. But, $17/day is more expensive then LAX! Lot C at LAX is $12.

Are there any safe offsite places? If I'm alone something like super shuttle is $29.00 for just me $9 more for one more but still. A lot of times It's just me meeting friends at the airport.

Hate bugging people to drop me off and pick me up, anyone come up with some cheaper alternatives?
Any new options?
Bumping up this old thread. I will be flying out of LGB next month and need to park for a few days. Have any cheaper options for airport parking popped up?
You might try going down the road and park at the nearby Marriott or Holiday Inn to save
a bit.

http://globalairportparking.com/long...rt_parking_LGB