Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

LAX hotels: Hilton vs. Renaissance vs. Marriott vs. Sheraton

Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

We've stayed at a number of LAX hotels over the years, most recently through Priceline and Hotwire. For an upcoming trip, staying on a Friday and Saturday night, it looks like nto much more to book directly through some of the hotels (since it's a weekend) and being able to choose where we stay (one time we got the Sheraton Gateway through Priceline but then were switched to the Radisson, which at least was better than the Crowne Plaza, which we got through Pricelne on another trip).

Right now considering the Hilton (stayed there about 5 years ago and remember comfortable beds), Renaissance, Sheraton Gateway (did stay there once0 the Westin and the Marriott. First three about equal in price, and the Marriott and Westin a few dollars more. I've seen reviews on Tripadvisor but just wondered if anyone here had recent expeiences at any of these places. Hilton or Westin maybe a slight advantage since I could book through American Airlines Aadvantage; not for a better price but to extend the life of my miles.

Last edited by SoCal; Jun 30, 2011 at 1:37 pm
Old Jul 1, 2011, 3:22 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
I'm not meaning to be snarky, just informative in case you were actually unaware:

there are dedicated threads to these properties in the respective hotel chain FT forums with many comments, reviews, tips, and I imagine, recent experiences. If the threads do not show recent postings, then adding your question to those existing threads most likely will catch the attention of recent visitors who then will most likely respond.

Again, I don't mean for this to come across obnoxiously, just trying to be helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.