Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:14 pm
jsm
Original Poster

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
LAX T4 - New Food Options Coming - Baja Fresh, On The Border & La Brea Bakery

HI -

I was just walking by the first Starbucks in T4 and they ahve closed off the bar. There is a sign that Baja Fres, On the Border and La Brea Bakery are coming soon. It looks like they are just starting, so it is going to be a while before they open. This should really help improve the options at T4!
Old Aug 5, 2008, 8:46 pm

Cool. Now they just need an In-n-Out.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:11 am

I agree that food options are much more valuable than bar options in T4.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 6:38 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Talk about black and white. Typical generic junk - Baja Fresh and On The Border, then they come up with gem - La Brea Bakery.

The unfortunate thing will be the Kettles will gravitate toward the known junk names, and miss the opportunity to eat at a quality establishment.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Craig -- they may be "mallish", but they're useful when travelling with the kids...and besides, I haven't yet been in an airport that couldn't mess up food just by the atmosphere...
Old Aug 7, 2008, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
They can call them whatever they want-but the name on the marquee does not mean that you will receive the quality of product served by these establishments outside the airport.
They are job outs-the actuall food"preperation"(I don't think much actual cooking happens)will be done by whoever the contractor that has the license for that terminal.

I do wish LAWA would grow a set and give local business's a real chance at this=no chains-no jobbers.And they have to charge the same as their non airport locations.Portland does this,as do a few others.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options

Might be slightly OT, but since it pertains to AA's T4 at LAX, I've decided to post here.

For those who don't know, LAX is undergoing major renovation and improvements for the past several years. One of them includes improving airside concession offerings.

For T4, they plan to move the Starbucks downstairs to the carousel area, get rid of Burger King and Chilis Too with new restaurants.

You can review LAX's Terminals 4, 5, 7, 8 Concessions here:
http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/bo...,%207,%208.pdf

Now if they can just open up those airside halls to other terminals to see restaurants over on DL and UA's terminals...
Old May 6, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Looks like some good new choices.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Now if they can just open up those airside halls to other terminals to see restaurants over on DL and UA's terminals...
AA wants to open the tunnel but Delta refuses. That's where things stand now. It has nothing to do with the TSA.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sukn
AA wants to open the tunnel but Delta refuses. That's where things stand now. It has nothing to do with the TSA.
Why does AA want to open it in the first place? And why would DL care?
Old May 6, 2011, 12:38 pm

Looks like the food at T4 is going from bad to worse. None of these joints look like fast-food places to me. Sure, fast food gets a bad rap, but fast food has one advantage--it's fast.

When I'm in a hurry, I trust Burger King because at least it's a hot meal I can get thrown in a bag and be running to my gate in under 5 mins. It looks like all the options will be either slow (wood fired pizza) or cold (sandwich joints). Now, I like to eat healthy, but it seems to me that at least one of the options ought to be of the "crowd pleasing fast food" variety.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:37 pm

I like the Burger King too... now I'm afraid there will be a lack of quick and lower priced food.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Where's Starbuck?

So no Starbucks airside? Or am I missing something? Because the Starbucks by BK was always very busy . . .
Old May 6, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by gerald5
I like the Burger King too... now I'm afraid there will be a lack of quick and lower priced food.
Must be my timing. I've never seen that BK without a line so long that getting through it invalidates any concept of "fast" food.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
About time they did something about the food selection in T-4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.