FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/1212844-lax-terminal-4-getting-better-food-options.html)

jsm Aug 5, 2008 1:14 pm

LAX T4 - New Food Options Coming - Baja Fresh, On The Border & La Brea Bakery

HI -

I was just walking by the first Starbucks in T4 and they ahve closed off the bar. There is a sign that Baja Fres, On the Border and La Brea Bakery are coming soon. It looks like they are just starting, so it is going to be a while before they open. This should really help improve the options at T4!

Taker Park Aug 5, 2008 8:46 pm

Cool. Now they just need an In-n-Out.

skylady Aug 6, 2008 5:11 am

I agree that food options are much more valuable than bar options in T4.

Craig6z Aug 6, 2008 6:38 am

Talk about black and white. Typical generic junk - Baja Fresh and On The Border, then they come up with gem - La Brea Bakery.

The unfortunate thing will be the Kettles will gravitate toward the known junk names, and miss the opportunity to eat at a quality establishment.

CO FF Aug 6, 2008 1:03 pm

Craig -- they may be "mallish", but they're useful when travelling with the kids...and besides, I haven't yet been in an airport that couldn't mess up food just by the atmosphere...

bigguyinpasadena Aug 7, 2008 4:18 pm

They can call them whatever they want-but the name on the marquee does not mean that you will receive the quality of product served by these establishments outside the airport.
They are job outs-the actuall food"preperation"(I don't think much actual cooking happens)will be done by whoever the contractor that has the license for that terminal.

I do wish LAWA would grow a set and give local business's a real chance at this=no chains-no jobbers.And they have to charge the same as their non airport locations.Portland does this,as do a few others.

kebosabi May 6, 2011 11:38 am

LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options

Might be slightly OT, but since it pertains to AA's T4 at LAX, I've decided to post here.

For those who don't know, LAX is undergoing major renovation and improvements for the past several years. One of them includes improving airside concession offerings.

For T4, they plan to move the Starbucks downstairs to the carousel area, get rid of Burger King and Chilis Too with new restaurants.

You can review LAX's Terminals 4, 5, 7, 8 Concessions here:
http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/bo...,%207,%208.pdf

Now if they can just open up those airside halls to other terminals to see restaurants over on DL and UA's terminals... :rolleyes:

chanp May 6, 2011 11:50 am

Looks like some good new choices.

sukn May 6, 2011 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi (Post 16339580)
Now if they can just open up those airside halls to other terminals to see restaurants over on DL and UA's terminals... :rolleyes:

AA wants to open the tunnel but Delta refuses. That's where things stand now. It has nothing to do with the TSA. :(

sts603 May 6, 2011 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by sukn (Post 16339724)
AA wants to open the tunnel but Delta refuses. That's where things stand now. It has nothing to do with the TSA. :(

Why does AA want to open it in the first place? And why would DL care?

lobo411 May 6, 2011 12:38 pm

Looks like the food at T4 is going from bad to worse. None of these joints look like fast-food places to me. Sure, fast food gets a bad rap, but fast food has one advantage--it's fast.

When I'm in a hurry, I trust Burger King because at least it's a hot meal I can get thrown in a bag and be running to my gate in under 5 mins. It looks like all the options will be either slow (wood fired pizza) or cold (sandwich joints). Now, I like to eat healthy, but it seems to me that at least one of the options ought to be of the "crowd pleasing fast food" variety.

gerald5 May 6, 2011 1:37 pm

I like the Burger King too... now I'm afraid there will be a lack of quick and lower priced food.

UALpremier May 6, 2011 1:45 pm

Where's Starbuck?

So no Starbucks airside? Or am I missing something? Because the Starbucks by BK was always very busy . . .

siankaan1 May 6, 2011 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by gerald5 (Post 16340259)
I like the Burger King too... now I'm afraid there will be a lack of quick and lower priced food.

Must be my timing. I've never seen that BK without a line so long that getting through it invalidates any concept of "fast" food.

BUR Regular May 6, 2011 1:55 pm

About time they did something about the food selection in T-4