Food Court aka Angelino's Market
Real Food Daily - Vegan Food
LA Gourmet Street Truck - Restaurant or Concept will Rotate Every Few Months
Campanile = California French Gourmet
Cole's = French Dipped Sandwiches

Closed
Chili's nr 42B Not coming back
Burger King nr 42B Not coming back

FYI, there are some options next door at TBIT that are pre-security if you have extra time. I can recommend Daily Grill as one of them. There's also a McDonald's and a Panda Express.

Last edited by Robt760; Aug 6, 2013 at 4:28 pm
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
Just landed from DCA and the new food court is open. Yay?

I'm personally going to miss the Chili's and it looks like we'll all miss the amount of seating offered as the new area has less seats. Think Vegas-style brand-name food court crossed with the eating area at LAX T1.

Overall, looks disappointing. I'll go eat there now and see how it really turns out.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
I peeked in there last week and it looks smaller than I was expecting. The "food truck" option is not open yet either
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:18 pm

anything changed lately? going to be there tomorrow, any place stand out as having the best options in the food court?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Getting to LAX in an hour. Can I connect to other terminals w/o going through security again?

Layover is only 2hrs tonite, otherwise I'd be on a Sepulvida shuttle to In N Out.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Getting to LAX in an hour. Can I connect to other terminals w/o going through security again?
No.
Old May 24, 2014, 12:08 am

This might have been asked in another thread but is there ANYTHING open food wise before security in the Tom Bradley Terminal? I know the food court on the upper level (with the McDonalds etc) is all closed, but is there anything by the way of food?

Also, is the ground level area (where there was duty free and two Newslink stores) still open?

It is a joke if there is literally nowhere to eat before security at LAX. Even teh Encounter Restaurant is gone.
Old May 27, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by VHOEJ
This might have been asked in another thread but is there ANYTHING open food wise before security in the Tom Bradley Terminal? I know the food court on the upper level (with the McDonalds etc) is all closed, but is there anything by the way of food?

Also, is the ground level area (where there was duty free and two Newslink stores) still open?

It is a joke if there is literally nowhere to eat before security at LAX. Even teh Encounter Restaurant is gone.
Nothing really pre-security that I can think of. The food in Tom Bradley is great post security. LA hot spots like ink sack, Umami, 800 Degrees and more are there so I would really suggest getting there!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Kogi BBQ Truck is now open in T-4. :-:
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Trustguy
That's pretty awesome. ^
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VHOEJ

Why are food options at LAX so terrible? T4 was always a desert for non meat eaters. EDIT Now amongst the new higher price, higher revenue outlets there is a "trendy LA" Vegan place , which I found unpleasant with the fake meat ingredients (unusual as I normally like Vegan food). Other noticeable change is closing down Starbucks. Peets coffee was not up to scratch either compared to other Peets stores or the old Starbucks. There used to be an acceptable Sushi place you could get take out at TBIT but that seems to have shut so if you want anything decent to eat you have to leave LAX. Unbelievable for a world ranking city its food options are so laughable. I guess the answer is to fly a foreign carrier out of TBIT as that looks really excellent.

Is the tunnel to T4 open yet? Can you do TSA at TBIT , get some take out and walk airside or land side to T4?

The AA terminals at ORD and JFK are so far ahead... you can even get more choice at HNL and that is saying something.

Last edited by flyertalker54234; Dec 16, 2014 at 12:04 pm
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by rjlon
Is the tunnel to T4 open yet?
No. You may want to subscribe to the other thread discussing it ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nection-3.html ) but the tl;dr is maybe late 2015 sometime, maybe later.

Can you do TSA at TBIT , get some take out and walk airside or land side to T4?
I don't think you can get through TSA at TBIT without having a ticket departing TBIT, and given the security lines there you'd need a fairly long layover to do so even if you wanted to.

The AA terminals at ORD and JFK are so far ahead...
Having gotten used to the old T3 eating options at SFO especially during the period after 9/11 when you could not easily get to the fast food on the United concourse, LAX T4 doesn't seem all that bad to me especially with the new options opening up (however slowly.)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nkedel
No. You may want to subscribe to the other thread discussing it ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nection-3.html ) but the tl;dr is maybe late 2015 sometime, maybe later.

I don't think you can get through TSA at TBIT without having a ticket departing TBIT, and given the security lines there you'd need a fairly long layover to do so even if you wanted to.

Having gotten used to the old T3 eating options at SFO especially during the period after 9/11 when you could not easily get to the fast food on the United concourse, LAX T4 doesn't seem all that bad to me especially with the new options opening up (however slowly.)
Thanks for the news on TBIT connector and access albeit depressing. I guess it is cab down to Wholefoods (I have 3 3/4 hours).

I only ever flew UAL out of SFO and they had good Sushi place then and the food in First Lounge was really good.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by rjlon
I only ever flew UAL out of SFO and they had good Sushi place then and the food in First Lounge was really good.
The food in the United terminal improved tremendously with the remodel probably about 8-9 years ago -- it was nice, if a bit of a walk, for the couple of years before AA moved to T2 but after they had both moved security ahead to one shared zone and done the remodel (before that, the highlights were a bagel place and a Pizza Hut Express... bleh, although the AA T3 options back then were even more limited; the Klein's Deli and Subway that moved in on that side of the model were ISTR a step up.)

I spent the second half of the 1990s basically shuttling back to the Bay Area and college in New England every 4-6 weeks to see my then-girlfriend/now-wife, so I got really sick of the fast food at SFO and BOS back then.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Trustguy
The Kogi truck has just been replaced by a Border Grill truck. I saw them rebranding the truck as I passed through T4 very early Thursday morning last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.