Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grahampros
Yes, it's defiantly down grade to not have starbucks airside. LA seems to be moving to a similar policy as SFO where starbucks is essentially banned or relegated to undesirable locations.
But SFO has several Peets (which IMHO is better than SBUX) but LAX is getting Coffee Bean that I personally find undrinkable (obviously tastes differ).

I'll probably start carrying those instant starbucks coffee singles and ask for hot water ...
Old May 6, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
I guess I'm the only one here that won't miss having a Starbucks?

Bleh. I'd rather drink McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts coffee.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by lobo411
Looks like the food at T4 is going from bad to worse. None of these joints look like fast-food places to me. Sure, fast food gets a bad rap, but fast food has one advantage--it's fast.
...and inexpensive, and consistent.

Then again, BK is pretty much the worst of all major US fast food chains, and I won't miss it, especially in overpriced airport trim. Nor the limited-menu version of Chili's, which basically served only overpriced oversized burgers. I am completely unfamiliar with any of the restaurants moving in there, and have no idea if any will prove to my taste, but right now figure it can hardly prove any worse.

--

Has there been any public notification of the time frame for the old concessions closing?
Old May 6, 2011, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by nkedel
...and inexpensive, and consistent.
One more big advantage--it's kid pleasing.
Old May 7, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00
But SFO has several Peets (which IMHO is better than SBUX) but LAX is getting Coffee Bean that I personally find undrinkable (obviously tastes differ).

I'll probably start carrying those instant starbucks coffee singles and ask for hot water ...
Maybe I will get that AC membership. At least there is no line at the coffee bar.
Old May 7, 2011, 4:18 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Might be slightly OT, but since it pertains to AA's T4 at LAX, I've decided to post here.

For those who don't know, LAX is undergoing major renovation and improvements for the past several years. One of them includes improving airside concession offerings.

For T4, they plan to move the Starbucks downstairs to the carousel area, get rid of Burger King and Chilis Too with new restaurants.

You can review LAX's Terminals 4, 5, 7, 8 Concessions here:
http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/bo...,%207,%208.pdf

Now if they can just open up those airside halls to other terminals to see restaurants over on DL and UA's terminals...
ZOMG!!! Cole's by gate 46!!! <3 This is prolly the best news to happen LAX since it was last destroyed in that turd of a movie "2012."

Last edited by uxb; May 7, 2011 at 4:26 am
Old May 7, 2011, 4:22 am
uxb

Looks like the food at T4 is going from bad to worse.
Spoken like a person who has never eaten at Cole's. On your next trip to LA, head down to Cole's, which is on E. 6th. They have a great selection of beer to match their awesome sandwiches. They can totally crank them out fast/to-go.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by uxb
ZOMG!!! Cole's by gate 46!!! <3 This is prolly the best news to happen LAX since it was last destroyed in that turd of a movie "2012."

Isn't there another movie where aliens come out of the ocean and destroy Santa Monica and LA?
Old May 7, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
BK was my favorite fast food place because they have veggie burgers, heatlhy and tastey (doesn't try to taste like meat).

I'll be sad to see it go.

Not having a coffee place seems insane.
Old May 7, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Looks like the food at T4 is going from bad to worse.
I'm sure that your opinion will change 180 degrees when you try out the new ones.
Old May 7, 2011, 8:39 am
uxb

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Isn't there another movie where aliens come out of the ocean and destroy Santa Monica and LA?
You mean that turd of a film... "Skyline," right? Well, I dun think they cut away to a scene of LAX being destroyed because all of the characters involved were trapped in that one apartment. Such an awful movie.
Old May 7, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Various
The new extablishments/offerings look good. A coffee joint is missing, but Home Girl will take some of the coffee needs and will def be an improvement over Brioche Dore or whatever it is near security.

Curious to know if HMS Host will still be the actual operato/contractor of these establishments. So far they've done a pretty crummy job of any venues they operate at LAX. Operations have to be set up to be pretty cookie cutter like in order for them to do a fair job of it.
Old May 7, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
I love when airports have the local restaurants -- even if you're just connecting somewhere, you can get a sense of a new place by enjoying the unique local foods.

8 oz. burger bar has amazing onion rings, BTW.
Old May 7, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
When I'm at an unfamiliar airport, I gravitate towards the chains, the places I know. At least there is a level of consistency. I right away know what I want without having to hope that what I ordered is good.

Having something familiar helps take out one less stress of traveling.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
So excited about seeing Homegirl Cafe!
Homegirl Cafe is coming to LAX T-4!!??!!!

Wow, that's really great. I did not know that. I will definitely stop there every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.