Biking to LAX?

Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
It's a lot cheaper for me

$1.00 for bus ride on Blue Bus #3 or free if I bike. Can't divide by $0 so...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
It's a lot cheaper for me

$1.00 for bus ride on Blue Bus #3 or free if I bike. Can't divide by $0 so...
I have to connect from the 733, and that is not always well-timed with the Rapid 3. Unfortunately, the Rapid 3 is also not very punctual, especially if you have a late night flight.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by skoenig
Great exercise, but with the $50 for the Admirals Club, did it really save much time over a shuttle? I know a taxi would have been more. The exercise value is priceless, of course.
Originally Posted by rjw242
Nope, taking a shuttle or even parking in Lot C would've been cheaper and a bit faster. I mostly wanted to see if it could be done. It'd be nice if there were a way to get a cheaper shower though; then I'd be inclined to do this more often.
Actually, after a bit more research I take it back. Round-trip SuperShuttle from my house is $68, and they pick up about 4 hours before departure. Assuming I'm willing to cut it slightly close (like arriving at the airport 40-60 minutes before departure), biking is both faster and less expensive. Parking would've been about $36, but gas and maintenance probably bump the total cost above $50.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.