Movie Theater near LAX Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Movie Theater near LAX Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Question Movie Theater near LAX Airport?

My wife will be attending a ten day training program at the LAX Marriott soon. I thought I'd drive up to see her for a few days. I've been wondering if there are any good movie theaters in the area, perhaps in Marina Del Rey. We both love films and we thought this would be a good way to spend a couple evenings. Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:51 pm

I can't think of anything real near LAX, but since you'll have a car your not confined there (taking into account that LAX hotels typically have high parking fees). I did quick searches on movie theatres Santa Monica and movie theates Culver City, and came up with at least 6 for the former and three for the latter. Also found 3 in Marina del Rey. Ask the concierge desk, and look at www.latimes.com to see what's playing. I've stayed at LAX hotels, and found them inexpensive, but also somewhat confining. We just spent 3 days at the Radisson, and used busses to get to Westwood (a nice place to see movies, but traffic from LAX can be bad) and Santa Monica. If you're movie fans, and have any time during the day (doesn't sound like it), you could also consider the tours at Sony Studios in Culver City.

Last edited by SoCal; Aug 10, 2010 at 12:57 pm
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by skoenig
I can't think of anything real near LAX, but since you'll have a car your not confined there (taking into account that LAX hotels typically have high parking fees). I did quick searches on movie theatres Santa Monica and movie theates Culver City, and came up with at least 6 for the former and three for the latter. Also found 3 in Marina del Rey. Ask the concierge desk, and look at www.latimes.com to see what's playing. I've stayed at LAX hotels, and found them inexpensive, but also somewhat confining. We just spent 3 days at the Radisson, and used busses to get to Westwood (a nice place to see movies, but traffic from LAX can be bad) and Santa Monica. If you're movie fans, and have any time during the day (doesn't sound like it), you could also consider the tours at Sony Studios in Culver City.
Thank you very much. I'll check the Times.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
It's a shame you'll miss the opening of the ArcLight in El Segundo:

http://www.tbrnews.com/articles/2010..._out/step2.txt

I've been to the Hollywood location, and I love the state-of-the-art theaters, ability to reserve exact seats, no-advertising (other than trailers) policy, no seating once the movie has started, and some 21+ screenings where you can have an adult beverage or two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArcLight_Hollywood
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
It's a shame you'll miss the opening of the ArcLight in El Segundo:

http://www.tbrnews.com/articles/2010..._out/step2.txt

I've been to the Hollywood location, and I love the state-of-the-art theaters, ability to reserve exact seats, no-advertising (other than trailers) policy, no seating once the movie has started, and some 21+ screenings where you can have an adult beverage or two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArcLight_Hollywood
That's certainly a new wrinkle in the motion picture industry. I assume the ArcLight will be open while we're at the hotel in LAX. We'd definitely like to check it out. Thanks for thinking of me! How far is El Segundo from the Marriott LAX?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:31 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Here are the theaters:

http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes-ti...on=90045&r=sim

The theaters at The Bridge (just north of LAX on Sepulveda) are very upscale and nice and have stadium seating.

The El Segundo theaters are about a five to seven minutes drive from the Marriott LAX (and pretty much across the street from the Manhattan Beach Marriott).
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
The Bridge is now known as the Rave Theatres. If they kept the same amenities they will have a full bar and nibbles in addition to the standard concession stand fare. Also they may still have assigned seating for a couple of extra dollars per ticket in their premium theatres which include seat service for drinks and popcorn.

In the same complex as the Rave is an Islands, a Borders Books, and a Nordstrom Rack among other things. Biggest downside to the complex is really a lack of good dining around the area.

You can venture to some theatres in Marina Del Rey, 4335 Glencoe. You could go North on Sepulveda to Lincoln Bl. to the 90 Fwy area. It's an older theatre now a Regency or Regal Entertainment. Comfy enough high back seats but it won't have the latest digital projection systems. Better dining IMO around that area though than the Bridge.

And a big +1 to the ArcLight. Glad to see the South Bay getting an ArcLight.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Here are the theaters:

http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes-ti...on=90045&r=sim

The theaters at The Bridge (just north of LAX on Sepulveda) are very upscale and nice and have stadium seating.

The El Segundo theaters are about a five to seven minutes drive from the Marriott LAX (and pretty much across the street from the Manhattan Beach Marriott).
Google Maps says The Bridge is 3.4 miles, 9 min. drive, from the LAX Marriott. You won't like the parking fee at the hotel, but it looks like having a car will give you quite a variety of theatres to choose from. Just hope there's a decent film showing.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:35 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by skoenig
Google Maps says The Bridge is 3.4 miles, 9 min. drive, from the LAX Marriott. You won't like the parking fee at the hotel, but it looks like having a car will give you quite a variety of theatres to choose from. Just hope there's a decent film showing.
Once again, The Bridge name has changed to Rave Motion Pictures 18 as it was sold. IMAX tickets are $13.50-$17.25. http://www.ravemotionpictures.com/index.aspx

$9 and up for regular movies. 3D higher. There is also a parking fee at the Howard Hughes Center, $2-$3 depending on the day. There is no on street parking allowed in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.