Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's Complicated...
Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel

Pre Arrival: Had communications with the hotel about reserving a car to meet us at the airport and to add my Le Club number to our reservation. They did respond quickly and confirmed our requests.

Arrival: There was indeed someone waiting for us upon arrival at the airport but probably would not use the car service in the future due to the fact that the van used wasn't that nice and we had to wait a bit for it to arrive. Also I should have done better research as I thought the price of 995,000 VND++ was a good price for a private car service a taxi would have been significantly cheaper and the taxis are fine.

Check In: Very friendly greeting by the staff and although there was a problem at check in as they only showed us as booking one room (our room were prepaid) but the check in agent took copies of my confirmation and checked us in and I assume they later fixed the issue as we heard no more about it. No special recognition as a Platinum but that is the rules with Novotel so no problem.

The Room: The rooms are small but very nice and typical of the newer modern Asian properties. I found the rooms comfortable and well appointed.

Restaurant: Our room rate included breakfast and it was very good with some servers being very good and some being "ok" but overall the food was very good. We also had dinner at the seafood buffet one evening and found it to be good value with a good variety of food options. We really like the outdoor patio area for having a drink and a snack. The service there was not very good though.

Location: Location is very good but I guess it depends on what you are doing. We liked the area.

Summary: If we return we certainly would not mind staying at this property again.

Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
How far is it from Sofitel?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:27 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Room looks EXACTLY like the renovated rooms at the Novotel Siam Square in BKK.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Room looks EXACTLY like the renovated rooms at the Novotel Siam Square in BKK.
All newly opened/refurbished Novotels look like that.

Last edited by RJ77; Apr 15, 2013 at 7:22 am
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:04 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RJ77
All newly opened/refurbished Novotels look like that.
Good to know... shows how often I stay at Novotels... (more a Pullman guy )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.