Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Back again and you might envy me, if you like

So Studio - Wood Element

Last edited by olisch; Jun 23, 2013 at 3:45 am
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olisch
Back again and you might envy me, if you like

video link will be added ...
Can't wait !!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:08 am

I can't say anything bad about this hotel, it's simply awesome. Fanstastic rooms and the most incredible service I've ever experienced. Hospitality, friendlyness and helpfulness of the staff are unmatched, at least in my very humble opinion.

Ok, I'm not kind of die hard frequent traveller but at least my sample of hotels I stayed at so far isn't so small either.

Booked So Club and got upgraded to So Studio. In addition I got a 1.000 THB SPA voucher, a voucher for 2 drinks at Mixo bar, an invitation for Full Moon Party at hotel (ok, that's rather marketing than benefit) and a Sofitel So branded luggage tag.

Maybe the most impressive experience was, when I got off the taxi the bell boy greeted me: "Sawasdee khrap Mr. olisch, nice to see you back. We are already awaiting you, please follow me to the lounge". I talked to this guy when I stayed here back in march, but no way he can recognize me and knowing that I booked a room with lounge access.

Awesome ... Unfortunately the location is still bad and the rates are overpriced (I wouldn't even argue with you about the rates being way).
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
august visit - no park view studios?

We will be arriving in 2 weeks, and looking forward to our stay. We usually at at the Metropolitan hotel 500m down the road, so this will be a new experience for us.

We have booked a club room, park view, water element request.

I inquired about upgrade option for platinum (freebie) and was told studio was option if avail. But was told no studios have park view and no water elements?! (dont think i can go earth....!)

Can anyone confirm this scenario?

Dilemma - larger room studio or park view?!

As i know the area, in addition to new hotel, park view was the attraction to staying here. I guess it will come down to seeing what my options are at check-in, and viewing rooms made avail to me.

Any suggestions/comments?

thanks in advance

cheers
ozmouse
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by ozmouse
Dai khrap ...

So far I stayed at So Comfy, So Studio (twice), So Suite and So Lofty. All the suites I stayed were facing Sathorn Road (aka City View). Only So Comfy faced Lumphini Park.

One agent from the executive lounge told me that the So Cosy rooms have the same size and same design as the So Comfy rooms but also face Sathorn Road.

So Club rooms also have the same size as So Comfy rooms, but you get accesss to executive lounge, albeit for a very steep price. I like the lounge, the staff is very friendly and extremely attentive, but if you expect to get plenty of food there to replace dinner you will end up being disappointed. The "cocktail hour" from 5pm tp 7pm is nice, but though I just drink so called mocktails it isn't really worth it either for me. Your preferences might differ from mine, so it might be worth to you.

In the end you have to make up your mind on what you want.

If you want the view, downgrade to So Cosy and get upgraded to So Comfy. Water Element (aka high floor) included.

If you want the nice room, book So Studio and then get upgraded to So Suite. Plus you can stay at Water Element. Usually the the rates for So Studio are just slightly higher than the rates for So Club. And the Suites are indeed great. Maybe you take a look at the videos I posted here.

Booking So Club and getting upgraded to So Studio is - imho - the weekest choice. I know want I'm talking about, because this is what I also did for my last stay

But this is just me ... YMMV

Last edited by olisch; Oct 27, 2013 at 4:45 am
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ozmouse
We will be arriving in 2 weeks, and looking forward to our stay. We usually at at the Metropolitan hotel 500m down the road, so this will be a new experience for us.

We have booked a club room, park view, water element request.

I inquired about upgrade option for platinum (freebie) and was told studio was option if avail. But was told no studios have park view and no water elements?! (dont think i can go earth....!)

Dilemma - larger room studio or park view?!

As i know the area, in addition to new hotel, park view was the attraction to staying here. I guess it will come down to seeing what my options are at check-in, and viewing rooms made avail to me.
I think this is the best to do : see and decide, as it is clearly a dilemma. I really like the park and background Bangkok skyline views, but f the room is nice....you can still enjoy the park view from the pool.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:55 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
thanks. appreciate the comments.

Indeed it is a dilemma, only made moreso, by the club-to-studio "weak" upgrade. The actual language in the hotel email was "hiccup" re the park to no park view for you upgrade.

You get charged more for park view rooms in same category, but when it comes to the club to studio upgrade, you dont lose your park view premium/perk.

Alas i booked great price and took advantage of park view club. (would not pay for that normally), so will make small inquiry about upgrade to suite, but dont think i will pay difference..... (there is no gaurantee of upgrade....only availability....)

We shall rock up, plead park view and see what im offered.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:02 am

I found a great blog about Soitel So with lot's of pics at AroiMakMak
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:46 am

Am a newbie.. My recent stay at Sofitel So Bangkok

http://www.tommyooi.com/1013-sofitel-so-bangkok/

Last edited by Tommy Ooi; Mar 13, 2015 at 10:44 pm
Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:49 pm

For a first timer in BKK, how is the location of this property? Is it a good base from which to explore the city? Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by MattPol
For a first timer in BKK, how is the location of this property? Is it a good base from which to explore the city? Thanks for any advice.
It's in a So So location...10-15 minute walk to Skytrain, Subway and nightlife of Silom/Patpong.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
It's in a So So location...10-15 minute walk to Skytrain, Subway and nightlife of Silom/Patpong.
Subway is at the foot of the hotel.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 2:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Subway is at the foot of the hotel.
Where is the subway? I've never found it (although not sure I've looked for it either as I assumed it was a fair walk)
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by PabloM
Where is the subway? I've never found it (although not sure I've looked for it either as I assumed it was a fair walk)
MRT station Lumphini is nearby: http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps4927e334.gif

Just leave the hotel via main entrance, cross the street at the red light and pass along Rama IV, after 100m there's the entrance to MRT station
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by olisch
MRT station Lumphini is nearby: http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps4927e334.gif

Just leave the hotel via main entrance, cross the street at the red light and pass along Rama IV, after 100m there's the entrance to MRT station
Awesome, thanks for this. I've never walked that way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.