FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LatinPass/GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass-494/)
-   -   My miles have been set to zero before my 3 year date? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass/65441-my-miles-have-been-set-zero-before-my-3-year-date.html)

davistev Jun 1, 2003 4:16 am

My miles have been set to zero before my 3 year date?

I just checked my wifes account and her miles have been set to zero. She has lost almost 500,000 miles. Her last transaction date was June 30th, 2000. The posting says "System Miles Expired by System on 06/01/03"

I do not understand this. We have another 29 days to go and we just rented an AVIS car in Japan, stayed at the Marriott and a PriorityClub stay.

We were surprised to hear that Globalpass would use the posting date rather than the transaction date BUT this latest transaction is clearly incorrect.

Any one else with this problem?

cyberg Jun 1, 2003 9:24 am

I am no lawyer but as I read GPs mileage expiration policy (as posted below) I see an activity requirement of (36 months from the last service date) Date is the key word here: if it said last service month than an argument could be made the month of service was included in the 36 months period and the miles have expired. The site is specific in that it mentions service date as the qualifying period.

That being said it may be impossible to get any mileage posted to your account in the next 30 days. The activity I am seeing posted to my account is taking about six months to post, even though GP indicates all activity will post within thirty days automatically. Davistev I wish you luck, I really do, I truely think you are right!

Mileage Expiration

GlobalPass mileage does not expire as customers remain active. All earned mileage will expire if the account does not reflect a qualifying activity within 36 months from the last Service Date.

Qualifying activity is defined as earned mileage credits on a GlobalPass participating Service Provider or transferring miles INBOUND from a participating "Transfer" Program. Qualifying activity must be “posted” in the GlobalPass Customer Account prior to expiration.

Once mileage has expired, a retroactive credit will not reverse or revalidate expired miles.

On average, GlobalPass Service Providers take 4 to 6 weeks to send customer activity to GlobalPass to become “posted”. It is the responsibility of the GlobalPass Customer to maintain activity and allow sufficient time to record their activity.

Djlawman Jun 1, 2003 9:32 am

Davistev--you are getting screwed. (And I am a lawyer.) Make lots of noise about this. And try to get some activity as soon as possible. (I am worried about this problem for my wife, but fortunately she has September 2000 hotel stay which posted.)

Djlawman

MileSmiles Jun 1, 2003 4:37 pm

My balance shows "0" with the same info as "davistev"

dhacker Jun 2, 2003 2:08 pm

This really makes me angry. I wonder how many others have been fleeced by GP in this way. There is absolutely no excuse for using anything other than the actual activity dates. How in the heck can the customer be held responsible for posting delays by GP and their partners?

Phil Jun 2, 2003 3:32 pm

I thought I was home free. I had a Marriott stay on April 24, and a notice from Marriott that on April 27 221 miles were posted to my Global Pass account.

When I called today to make sure this was recorded, they told me my miles have expired. The Marriott points did not post yet, they said, and it was necessary for them to post by June 1. My last date of service was June 16, 2000. They did tell me to fax them "proof" of the Marriott miles being posted to Global Pass. Marriott is faxing me a portion of my statement that notes the posting on Apr. 27.

I do believe that Global Pass should follow these two principals, to which their ppolicies refer implicitly and explicitly.: (1) the date of the activity, not the date of posting, should be the operative criterion. As has been noted here, the customer has no way at all of controlling when Global Pass chooses to post the miles. (2)Global Pass should be responsible to hold to the published "36 months since last activity" rule for expiration of miles. In this case, I would have 2 more weeks for the Marriott points to post.

Thomas Gregory Jun 2, 2003 7:02 pm

Do you guys intend to let them get away with this kind of nonsense?

tom

davistev Jun 2, 2003 8:38 pm

I am trying to get GP to honour an April 18th HH ingoing transfer transaction. It has been "pending" ever since. This date is clearly within the dates allowed by GP. To be polite, I will give them some time to get an answer back to me.

I am confused because I also have some tickets which I have confirmed but they have not been ticketed yet. This "hold" may have held up the Hilton Transfer. Thereby, denying me the transaction which in turn allowed my account to go into "inactive" status. Now that my account reads zero, I trust I will still get my tickets as they were confirmed with CC charged in April. Seems like a vicious circle here. I have done all I can on this side to keep within the rules of GP. I believe I have done so. Lets see what happens.

jaguar Jun 2, 2003 9:17 pm

David,

I live in the US and I'll be happy to call them on the phone for you and help resolve the problem.

cyberg Jun 2, 2003 9:21 pm

As noted in previouse posts, it is taking as long as nine months for GP to post activity to our accounts. This is not a reasonable period of time and these problems were "to be fixed by the new automated sytem" global Pass implemented at the begining of this year. I did not loose any miles but I do have an account with a last activity date in December 2001. The good news is I can empty the account of all the miles left in it before than.

Bobarb Jun 3, 2003 10:30 am

cyberg - To where do you intend to empty your GP miles now that Hilton, Marriott, etc are gone. It appears the only place to use them is with bookings from GP.

[This message has been edited by Bobarb (edited 06-03-2003).]

cyberg Jun 3, 2003 3:27 pm

Bobard,

I have already requested two tickets to Costa Rica, for my sisters, my wife and I will go to Buenos Aires at the end of this year. Just two thousand miles left after those trips in one account.

You are right about dwindling exchange possiblilities. Our other account has an activity date of Christmas 2002 so those miles should not expire for a while. If LP/GP makes it that long, I have my doubts but it has been a good ride so far.

I just hate how they make you jump thru hoops to get anything.

davistev Jun 3, 2003 5:15 pm

Thanks Jaguar for the offer of assistance. Actually, phoning from Japan is only a little more than a domestic US phone call nowadays.

vandykes44 Jun 3, 2003 7:26 pm

One of the women who traveled with me to earn the 1,000,000 miles bonus just lost the balance of her miles, 640,000 miles! (Even though I had been reminding her repeatedly to credit some miles to her account for the last year!) She rented a car last week, prior to June 1 and faxed her receipt to GP, as they had instructed her to do. Tonight she's staying at a Hampton Inn and they also faxed her statement to GlobalPass showing that she's credited her miles to GP. Her last activity was June 24, 2000 and she's expecting that they'll reinstate her miles and allow her to have until then to post some activity. She's a real fighter and will not let her miles expire without a real fight.

I told her that she should band together with other members who lost their miles prematurely and fight this inequity. Unfortunately, she's not very computer savvy and doesn't frequent flyertalk. If other members are planning on fighting this together, please let me know and I'll contact my friend. Otherwise, she'll hire a lawyer on her own.

Personally, I hope that GlobalPass does the right thing and make right their mistake without a legal fight. In my opinion, there's no way they can win this fight and it will just create bad press and cost them money and customers. I can't imagine that there are that many people that this ruling affected, so to reinstate those miles shouldn't be a hardship for them. It will cost them much less in the longrun.

Djlawman Jun 3, 2003 8:13 pm

well, actually I suspect that there are a lot of folks in the position of having never renewed their accounts and letting it go to the last day. Thus, this may have eliminated quite a large balance of miles for GP. Moreover, as to the point that this will create a lot of unhappy customers, the people with these expiring mileage balances are not, ipso facto, "good" customers, at least in GP's eyes. If they were, they would have had additional credits in the last three years.

GP probably looks at these people as ones they have no desire in keeping--who took advantage of the overly generous Million Mile run, and have thrown no other revenue LP/GP's way.

Djlawman

Djlawman