FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LatinPass/GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass-494/)
-   -   Spirit Airlines award tickets (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass/65417-spirit-airlines-award-tickets.html)

dvdexter Feb 6, 2003 9:14 am

Spirit Airlines award tickets

I spoke with the GlobalPass office this morning. Spirit Airlines award tickets are NOT YET AVAILABLE and the GlobalPass representative could not tell me when they might become available.
If anyone finds out when/if Spirit award tickets will be available, would they please post it here.

davistev Jun 13, 2003 5:48 pm

July 1st is the date.

"Effective July 1st, GlobalPass Customers will be able to purchase Spirit Airlines tickets and earn PremiumMiles or use miles to purchase SuperAwards.
Customers must perform all travel arrangements with the GlobalPass Customer Care Center. (Online travel arrangements available in the near future)."

Viajero Joven Jun 15, 2003 1:18 am

davistev, thanks for the update!!

I'll be curious to see if GlobalPass allows us to fly into FLL, then connect out of MIA.

milesrus Jun 18, 2003 2:23 pm

My guess is the million mile ,or 500K will not be allowed to use these miles towards Spirit. I bet they grandfather and make us use them on the original latin pass airlines of 3 years ago. And these keep shrinking Nothing surprises me anymore.

davistev Jun 18, 2003 3:50 pm

I too believe there will be a distinction between GP Bonus miles and GP "Premium Miles".

I have seen the above terminology used on the site which may be a hint of things to come.

[This message has been edited by davistev (edited 06-18-2003).]

Djlawman Jun 18, 2003 4:05 pm

Site currently has the following references:

6 Month Anniversary News!!

New form of participation with airlines that will make headlines in the news… our Preferred-Rate Airline Providers.

2 New Preferred-Rate Airline partners, TAM Brazilian Airlines and Spirit Airlines launching July 1st!!

and

GlobalPass Customers have access to GlobalAwards for travel over the international and domestic routes of most GlobalPass airline Service Providers. All GlobalAwards include confirmed round trip travel for award destinations served at the time the award ticket is issued. All GlobalAward airline tickets are subject to, and it is the customer's responsibility for, any applicable airport/departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges, and/or other taxes, fees and charges assessed by appropriate authorities. Furthermore, there may be applicable fees under the GlobalPass program, such as expedite service fees, change of reservation, re-deposit miles, among others.

GlobalPass Customers also have access to SuperAwards with certain Service Providers. SuperAwards have less restrictions than those commonly found in GlobalAwards. SuperAwards do not have any airline capacity controlled restrictions, however, will require additional miles than GlobalAwards.

Additional GlobalAward and SuperAward restrictions apply. The unused portion of a round trip award ticket will be forfeited. If you elect to travel in a lower class of service than specified by your award, customers will not receive a mileage adjustment and mileage will be forfeited. SuperAwards are not refundable and mileage used will be forfeited. GlobalPass Customers may redeem, for services on any of the qualified GlobalPass Service Providers, up to Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand valid bonus miles per calendar year.

GLOBALPASS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE AWARD LEVEL MILEAGE AND CONDITIONS REQUIRED WITHOUT PREVIOUS NOTICE.

Djlawman

dvdexter Jul 7, 2003 8:42 pm

The latest date for Spirit Airlines participation is July 15. I hope it's July 15, 2003, not 2006!