Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

any reason to re-up expiring LP 'miles'

Old Jul 21, 2007, 8:02 am
Original Poster

I'm a 'million mile' run participant who has a few so-called miles left in my LP account. Is there any reason to re-up these since they don't appear to work as 'miles as money' and there are no awards any more? I have about 60K which is not a lot compared to the million, so, overall, I feel very satisfied, just was wondering if anyone had figured out a reason to keep the acount active.

cheers

edited to add: is the tree year cut off for last activity (redemption for me) or for last earnings (coming up on 3 years now)?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by newK2
I'm a 'million mile' run participant who has a few so-called miles left in my LP account. Is there any reason to re-up these since they don't appear to work as 'miles as money' and there are no awards any more? I have about 60K which is not a lot compared to the million, so, overall, I feel very satisfied, just was wondering if anyone had figured out a reason to keep the acount active.

cheers

edited to add: is the tree year cut off for last activity (redemption for me) or for last earnings (coming up on 3 years now)?
I think it's three years from last earnings (or inward transfer).

Have you tried to transfer out of GP via points.com? Not sure if "bonus" miles will actually transfer out, but it's worth a shot.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by dhacker
I think it's three years from last earnings (or inward transfer).

Have you tried to transfer out of GP via points.com? Not sure if "bonus" miles will actually transfer out, but it's worth a shot.
According to this old thread, your miles probably won't show up as available in points.com.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the hint

I tried points.com and it did indeed show up 0 available.

oh well, I figured as much. Thought I would buy luggage tags if it made sense to keep the account alive but it looks like there's no reason to hang on to the 60K.

I still remember the first post on this.. opened with the Austin Powers line

one meeeeeeeeeleun miles

great fun!
Old Jul 29, 2007, 3:34 pm

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler
I do fondly remember the opening line to the thread...one meeeeeeeeeleun miles!!!

Earlier today I removed my GlobalPass account information from Miles Tracker...actually put a lump in my throat to remember all the fun and flights that promotion afforded me.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 9:18 pm
Suspended

im not done with them yet.

I had transferred a number of miles over to Distancia, when we still able to, and every time I flew on Taca using LP or GP gave in my Distancia # and scored some few 10s of 1000s of miles. Well it keep my mile salive with Distancia where you must fly every yr to keep them alive. Sure enough no flights in '06so my miles were set to go to 0 on 1/1/07 so I cashed them in for 2 tkts back to SJO, in Nov.

I did lose out on 130k left in GP, actually 1 was a tkt that a friend in the end couldnt go. All in all with the Marriott transfer that shouldnt have gone thru and Did w/o the miles being deducted and getting the Distancia credit I pretty much used all the miles.

So for me the Run still exists to pay dividends till Nov

Last edited by craz; Nov 10, 2007 at 8:25 pm
Old Nov 10, 2007, 8:30 pm
Suspended

well Im off at 5;30am to SJO with a friend for 4 days. The last of my Latin Pass MR.

It was a Blast even with all the hassles we had to endure along the way, its very unlikely that we will ever see anything like it again.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
delete

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.