Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Who else is waiting for their final Globalpass award tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2006, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler

Unfortunately I am one of the last 4 members waiting for some final award tickets that were redeemed through the Globalpass award system.

Evidently, GP is waiting for TACA to release these tickets. My tickets were held up because our flight back from Bolivia was cancelled on the original day we were planning to fly. We rescheduled the flight (a day layover in Lima), but TACA isn't releasing these last few award tickets.

I have been in touch with GP quite a few times in the last 2 months and they have been great to work with; however after talking with Marissa today, I'm a little concerned that maybe these tickets won't be issued by TACA. Marissa said that there are only 4 groups of award tickets that TACA hasn't released.

I want to make the necessary hotel and flight arrangements for our Peruvian trip as soon as possible, as we are planning to travel during a very busy time and attend the Intiraymi festival in Cuzco.

Anybody else out there in the same boat?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:31 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by vandykes44
:-: Cuzco. :-:
Hey, hey, vandykes. How time flies. Didn't we just do that town?

Anyway, I was just there, again. FWIW, train trip up to MP has gotten really expensive. So expensive, infact, that I just goofed around in town this time while the others in my party did the MP tourist thing.

Are you doing the Monastery this time? If not, I found a nice little hotel called the Casa Andina. I think there are 3-4 of them in Cuzco... I recommend them. They all come in the same flavor: unique. The one I checked out was the Koricancha. It's up the hill from where we stayed last time and 2 blocks off to the right. It's about 3 blocks from the central square. The upstairs rooms have really, really nice views of the Cuzco slate rooftops and have surrounding mtn views. (I enjoyed the view A LOT!). The rooms are nice and cozy... and they have all the comforts of home...satilite TV, etc, but with a local Inca shishi decor. I got a warm and fuzzy feeling there. Next door-ish there is a shoe shop, that makes these really cool shoes and boots...with the bright colorful tapistry-like fabric shown into the shoe panels. They are waay cool. They even have em in tennies.

Getting back on topic, these hotels are little more expensive than I normally like to pay, but if you shop around (like getting a local travel agent to book it for you in Lima), you might be able to save some money off of the internet rate. http://www.casa-andina.com and get a room for $50ish. This hotel is waaay above hostel type of accommodation. These properties are mebbe 3-4*.

Anyway, I just checked my junk, and found the GP owes me one more ticket to EZE for June travel. It should have been sent to me long ago. But there is a tkt number on TACA.bomb.

I'm almost afraid to call about it. LOL.

Last edited by tvl4free; Mar 8, 2006 at 7:51 am
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:48 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
BTW, TA lost my luggage... and it took 4 days to get it back.

DO NOT check lugs thru to CUZ is my rec (remember CUZ has the forced overnite)... which is what I did this time. I know! I know! I never check bags and so I broke the rules. But I checked em because of the long layover in SJO... I wanted to do Denny's... and not have to wheelie that bag around for 8 hours... and so I paid the price for it!

Instead, pick the bags up in LIM for the overnite. (I just arrived in LIM and took off for the Sheraton...cos bags where checked all the way thru to CUZ). If you do overnite at the Sheraton (man that part of town is sleazy scarry at nite, but inside is fine), check out the prices on octopustravel.com. I got a rate of like fifty USD which was significantly less than anywhere else I could find selling the Sheraton. The early, early bkfst4free was quite good. I paid for the taxi both ways.

Anyway, my bag got tied up in LIM customs... and like I said, it took 4days for TA to 'clear it' and move it on over to CUZ 4me.

Last edited by tvl4free; Mar 2, 2006 at 11:11 am
Old Mar 2, 2006, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

tvl4free,

Glad to hear you had a great time in Cuzco. I'll check out the hotel you mentioned; however, I don't want to book anything until these tickets come.

I also have TACA ticket number and paid the taxes on the tickets back in June of 05. But for some reason TACA won't release them to GP. Since you haven't received your EZE ticket for June, possibly you're one of the other remaining tickets that they haven't issued. If so, I know you'll get the matter resolved for BOTH of us.

Let me know,

Shelley
Old Mar 13, 2006, 2:08 pm

Last ticket being mailed tomorrow. Mebbe you'll get urs soon VanD. ^

Last edited by tvl4free; Mar 13, 2006 at 7:55 pm
Old Apr 8, 2006, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Am happy to report that I received my final tickets from GP this week. Evidently TACA was the hold up and required GP to pay additional funds to get these final tickets released. I had been in contact with GP almost weekly and they were very professional and did keep me posted on their difficulity getting these tickets from TACA. When GP finally did get these E-tickets (not the hand-written stock as were all my other tickets) they mailed the receipts to me overnight.

I continue to be thankful for all the miles I received and the places I've been privilaged to visit because of the LP promotion 6 years ago. Ocasionally there were frustrations securing tickets, but GP came through for me with all they promised and I plan to reward them with continued business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.