Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Pass/ Taca Ticket Reissue

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:45 am

No Change Fees Charged

Two of us flew out from LAX on October 16h to Buenos Aires and returned to LAX from Sao Paolo on October 26th and we were not charged any change fees, even though we had made two changes on the phone. The issued paper tickets were all that we had, and they made no changes to the paper tickets, which was a small mistake because it took some time in Sao Paolo for the supervisor to also waive the change fee (I told her that they would not be charging any change fee because we made no changes after we departed from LAX).

One reason that the agent indicated was why they did not charge any change fee was that TACA has somewhat changed the times of their flights after our original reservation and they thought those changes were significant enough to warrant allowing us to make other changes.

In any case, I suggest that you obtain a print out at the airport upon departure showing your revised itinerary to avoid any confusion at your airport on the return (if the return flight is different than the one on the paper ticket).

By the way, we had a great time in Buenos Aires with friends and then to Iguasu Falls by ourselves, but did not like Brazil (except for the Brazilian side of the Iguasu Falls)
Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Has anyone been able to get an 06 flight?

I called Distancia and was told that I can change my tkts for $35 but that I must complete my travel in '05. Problem is I have 2 trips already planned for Dec and no way to get a 3rd in. I got my stuff in after the magic cut off date of 6/26.

My trip is for next week and my SO cant go and with all the storms that have occurred I wanted to put it off to Jan. My other Dec trips are to SA so no problem with them.

PLEASE PM me with any helpful info or suggestions lest it get plugged up by those reading these posts.

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:37 am

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
Thumbs up No fee w/no change to routing

I too did a date change ONLY (MIA-GRU-MIA ) and paid no fee and was able to print my new itinerary and dates.
Changed from Sept. 05 to Jan 06.
The agent said there was no charge, and to just show up w/my OLD ticket. I must say they have been great about dealing with the GlobalPass fiasco, and taking good care of all of us.
FYI-TACA has OUTSTANDING rates for BIZ to Brasil!
I just wish they could eliminate at minimum one stop.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 1:32 pm

Never mind, problem was fixed by Taca.

Last edited by dhacker; Nov 8, 2005 at 5:00 pm
Old Nov 10, 2005, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Just received my four tickets to Costa Rica for the end of December once I changed the reservation return date to Dec 30th instead of my requested Jan 2, 2006. Funny thing is that all four tickets say not valid after June 30, 2006. Does this mean I could change the return date back to my original request?

Last edited by FOOLISHRUNNER; Nov 11, 2005 at 1:38 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 11, 2005, 7:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FOOLISHRUNNER
Just received my four tickets to Costa Rica for the end of December once I changed the reservatin return date to Dec 30th instead of my requested Jan 2, 2006. Funny thing is that all four tickets say not valid after June 30, 2006. Does this mean I could change the return date back to my original request?
Am I sleeping? I thought that Travel had to be completed by 12/31. You mean we only have to have left by 12/31/
Old Nov 11, 2005, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
The tickets only say "not valid after June 30, 2006". It doesn't mention departure or return requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.