Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Anyone visiting Argentina 8/21 - 9/10?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus

Mr and Mrs SAPMAN will be in Argentina for 3 weeks - arriving on the 21st 3:25am and returning to USA on 10 Sept. on the 7:05am flight.

Going to go to Salta area for a week. Most of rest of time in B.A. in an apt., but a few days in Uraguay.

If any other FlyerTalkers will be there same time, maybe a Global Pass discussion is in order over drinks or dinner?

Post your schedule or PM me. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Bump to top.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
I'm going in October. How did you find an apt in BA?

I was in Salta a couple of years ago and really liked the town and the area. I rented a car and drove down to Cafayate in the wine country south of Salta. Beautiful drive and Cafayate is a nice town. Enjoy.

I'm considering going back and this time driving north through Jujuy, Hamahuaca and Iruya.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 6:32 pm

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler
We're going in November. Plan to visit Iguazu again and the Salta region. Salta and that area sound wonderful.

Stephlac, we're also planning to rent a car in Salta. Do you go through Hertz?
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
Originally Posted by vandykes44
We're going in November. Plan to visit Iguazu again and the Salta region. Salta and that area sound wonderful.

Stephlac, we're also planning to rent a car in Salta. Do you go through Hertz?
Yes, I did go through Hertz. They have an office right off the main plaza in Salta. Have a great time.

I finally got notification that my award requests have been processed so the trips are feeling more real now.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 12:59 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
There's a huge FT event in Buenos Aires the first weekend in Sept.-- check out Community Buzz for Cow Do.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

I will be in Argentina 21 Aug - 10 Sept. Going to Salta 23-30 after a day rest in B.A. at my favorite Apt. hotel Torre Christoper Colombo in Palermo. Then back to B.A. in my apt. for a week and, maybe, the last 3 days in Montevideo (by way of ferry).

I have a local travel agent that I use for some bookings that are not easy to get on Web - such as the ballet, opera, symphonies, remis from airport, and hotels in remote towns. She is very good and responsive. My brother and I both have used her services. Email me or PM me if you want name.

I use bytargentina.com for apartements - but there are about 3 others. I think they have good selection and know their routine. Decent studio furnished is about $200 / week; 1 bedroom more delux about $300/week. I stay in Palermo as it is not a tourist haven, but lots of great restaurants, cafes, shopping, internet places, laundries, etc. And not expensive nor hard to get downtown.

I will look up the FT meeting and see if I can attend.

Also, just found a great guy with tons of info if you want to attend a soccer game. Usually on Sun pm, but not if National team plays that Sun (then on Wed. I think). If is lots of fun -- just do not root for the visitors if you are in home section!!

I have a car for Salta week, and will go south to Cafayate and then up north. Heard the Train to the Clouds is disabled right now -- but heard one can drive the road next to train and see much of the same in much less time.

I leave next Friday - so if you have questions, PM me.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viajero Joven
There's a huge FT event in Buenos Aires the first weekend in Sept.-- check out Community Buzz for Cow Do.
Thanks for info. I will be at a couple of their functions - Sun dinner and Mon wine tasting.

Anyone else here that wants to join in, see the info in Community Buzz forum.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
Mr and Mrs SAPMAN will be in Argentina for 3 weeks - arriving on the 21st 3:25am and returning to USA on 10 Sept. on the 7:05am flight.

Going to go to Salta area for a week. Most of rest of time in B.A. in an apt., but a few days in Uraguay.

If any other FlyerTalkers will be there same time, maybe a Global Pass discussion is in order over drinks or dinner?

Post your schedule or PM me. Thanks.
I will be in Buenos Aires until next Monday. Check your PM I sent details how to contact me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.