Anyone visiting Argentina 8/21 - 9/10?

Subscribe
Mr and Mrs SAPMAN will be in Argentina for 3 weeks - arriving on the 21st 3:25am and returning to USA on 10 Sept. on the 7:05am flight.

Going to go to Salta area for a week. Most of rest of time in B.A. in an apt., but a few days in Uraguay.

If any other FlyerTalkers will be there same time, maybe a Global Pass discussion is in order over drinks or dinner?

Post your schedule or PM me. Thanks.
Bump to top.
I'm going in October. How did you find an apt in BA?

I was in Salta a couple of years ago and really liked the town and the area. I rented a car and drove down to Cafayate in the wine country south of Salta. Beautiful drive and Cafayate is a nice town. Enjoy.

I'm considering going back and this time driving north through Jujuy, Hamahuaca and Iruya.
We're going in November. Plan to visit Iguazu again and the Salta region. Salta and that area sound wonderful.

Stephlac, we're also planning to rent a car in Salta. Do you go through Hertz?
Quote: We're going in November. Plan to visit Iguazu again and the Salta region. Salta and that area sound wonderful.

Stephlac, we're also planning to rent a car in Salta. Do you go through Hertz?
Yes, I did go through Hertz. They have an office right off the main plaza in Salta. Have a great time.

I finally got notification that my award requests have been processed so the trips are feeling more real now.
There's a huge FT event in Buenos Aires the first weekend in Sept.-- check out Community Buzz for Cow Do.
I will be in Argentina 21 Aug - 10 Sept. Going to Salta 23-30 after a day rest in B.A. at my favorite Apt. hotel Torre Christoper Colombo in Palermo. Then back to B.A. in my apt. for a week and, maybe, the last 3 days in Montevideo (by way of ferry).

I have a local travel agent that I use for some bookings that are not easy to get on Web - such as the ballet, opera, symphonies, remis from airport, and hotels in remote towns. She is very good and responsive. My brother and I both have used her services. Email me or PM me if you want name.

I use bytargentina.com for apartements - but there are about 3 others. I think they have good selection and know their routine. Decent studio furnished is about $200 / week; 1 bedroom more delux about $300/week. I stay in Palermo as it is not a tourist haven, but lots of great restaurants, cafes, shopping, internet places, laundries, etc. And not expensive nor hard to get downtown.

I will look up the FT meeting and see if I can attend.

Also, just found a great guy with tons of info if you want to attend a soccer game. Usually on Sun pm, but not if National team plays that Sun (then on Wed. I think). If is lots of fun -- just do not root for the visitors if you are in home section!!

I have a car for Salta week, and will go south to Cafayate and then up north. Heard the Train to the Clouds is disabled right now -- but heard one can drive the road next to train and see much of the same in much less time.

I leave next Friday - so if you have questions, PM me.
Quote: There's a huge FT event in Buenos Aires the first weekend in Sept.-- check out Community Buzz for Cow Do.
Thanks for info. I will be at a couple of their functions - Sun dinner and Mon wine tasting.

Anyone else here that wants to join in, see the info in Community Buzz forum.
Quote: Mr and Mrs SAPMAN will be in Argentina for 3 weeks - arriving on the 21st 3:25am and returning to USA on 10 Sept. on the 7:05am flight.

Going to go to Salta area for a week. Most of rest of time in B.A. in an apt., but a few days in Uraguay.

If any other FlyerTalkers will be there same time, maybe a Global Pass discussion is in order over drinks or dinner?

Post your schedule or PM me. Thanks.
I will be in Buenos Aires until next Monday. Check your PM I sent details how to contact me.