New Rules for old reservations!

Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:56 am
Original Poster

New Rules for old reservations!

New rule: tickets booked on or after June 27th for travel anytime next calendar year will not be honored by TACA.

I booked two business class tickets for my wife and myself on June 27th with TACA; LAX to La Paz, Bolivia for April of next year. When I made the reservation with TACA I was very clear that I would be using GP miles, the reservation was confirmed and I sent the email with the TACA booking code to GP, which they acknowledged receiving.

I am also one of the credit card casualties and called GP this morning and offered to send a money order to cover the cost of the taxes for booked reservations that have not been ticketed yet, as I no longer wish to provide them with credit card information. (I must give GPs representatives kudos for being so polite and understanding)

The GP representative told me she would work on my reservation and get back to me later in the day. True to her word she did and gave me the bad news. Tickets booked on or after June 27th will not be honored by TACA for travel next year. GP said it was not there problem it was TACA who was refusing to issue the tickets! They suggested I call TACA to work out the problem and did just that.

I spoke to a supervisor at TACA yesterday and outlined my case for why these tickets should be issued:

My most valid point is: when I made the reservation I told the agent I was using Global Pass miles and if they had a policy that prohibited travel next year on June 27th I should have been informed so I could make other reservations for this calendar year.

I also pointed out I received an email on June 30th from TACA which stated that they were no longer participating in the Global Pass program after June 30th. I dont see how they can back date when they were participating in the program or which parts of the program they wished to participate in.

The TACA supervisor said he would take my case under consideration and promised a higher level supervisor would contact me latter that day. I did not hear from them but if I do I will post response. Luckily I live in California, which will allow me to pursue this matter in small claims court. I will give TACA a few more days to rectify this matter however.

Last edited by cygone; Aug 18, 2005 at 11:00 am
Old Aug 18, 2005, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I just went to my account on GlobalPass and got the same message about my reservations being denied by Taca. I had 4 persons traveling on 2 reservations going ORD-SJO leaving on Dec 26th and returning Jan 2nd. I too called Taca to make the reservations stating that they were GlobalPass award travel before the June 30th date and before the GlobalPass June 29th cut-off date. They made them and I received confirmation from Taca. I guess I will have to call Taca and start the supervisor review process. Any tips or thoughts here?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:48 am
Original Poster

two days later still waiting to hear! No response, will file demand for payment of $5,000 letter today.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:41 pm

I received an email July 1 but nothing since then, I emailed LP on June 27 Monday are you saying no deal? I did not receive any recent emails so I am hoping I'm still good. Your thoughts?
Old Aug 24, 2005, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

See my new posting about 2006 reservations! You should call to verify!
Old Aug 24, 2005, 7:07 pm

called said i could go but had to go before January 1

what about tickets that I have already received in my possesions for february that i paid to expediate
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:19 pm

Programs: AAEXP; Marriott Titanium
Cygone..demand for payment???

Cygone,

Did GP contact you at all when you filed the demand for payment?
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Sent an email, and a certified letter demanding payment of $5,000, (two business class tickets to Bolivia) have not heard a word from TACA. No response at all.

After thirty days I can file an action in small claims court, which I will do. So no finger pointing goes on I will file against both GP and TACA. Have just drafted demand letter to GP. I will keep you updated.

Last edited by cygone; Aug 31, 2005 at 7:48 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.