Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 29, 05, 3:17 pm   #1

Programs: Skyteam PE; at one point or another everything else
Taca Biz Class Ticket - What to Expect?

So I got paper tickets for my GP Biz class award today. Flying NYC - EZE in August all in D class. What can I expect? Never flown anything but AA biz (Europe) out of the US.

Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 05, 3:53 pm   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandirtbag
So I got paper tickets for my GP Biz class award today. Flying NYC - EZE in August all in D class. What can I expect? Never flown anything but AA biz (Europe) out of the US.

Thanks.
I flew TACA biz a couple months ago. In my opinion, their service is better than AA's.
Old Jun 29, 05, 4:13 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also flew with Taca in Biz once to SJO and every time after that I flew down there I went with Avianca, that was Biz Class. Taca to EZE is a 3 stopper and on a narrow body i booked a flight to SCL in coach last miles left but really if I had a choice Id rather fly to SA on a wide-body. Im 6'2' and I found that BIZ on Taca didnt offer too much in space yea better than the back but Id take any US carrier for the seat in and of itself over Tacas. Service= Attention to you and your wants/needs Taca will beat the US carriers. With Taca as was with AV they feel if youre up front you are Mr/Mrs Big Bucks and didnt know that I was on a free tkt or if they did they surely didnt show it or let me know it.

Im gonna use either my AA or DL miles to get to EZE as I want a wide-body and Im still thinking about not using teh tkt to SCL on Taca, but will probably do it anyway, only a 5 day trip 2 are wiped out cause of the flying so it'll be 3 days to walk around SCL.
Old Jun 30, 05, 3:45 am   #4

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, SPG GLD, HH Diam
Last flew them during the million mile run -- cabin seemed identical to AA domestic F (leather seats), but with foot/headwings. Food/service decent. Very professional airline.
Old Jun 30, 05, 10:14 am   #5
Original Member

Flew them JFK to SJO and back in Biz (a trip we are hoping to repeat with the tickets I have requested to empty out our account--if they ever get issued).

As SFO FT said, much the same as a domestic first (although better service and food, in my experience). It was a comfortable trip from NY to SJO and back.
Old Jun 30, 05, 10:17 am   #6

Programs: Skyteam PE; at one point or another everything else
Smile Thanks for the INFO!

I would be lost without FT
Old Jun 30, 05, 11:21 pm   #7

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
It is a long haul from most US airports to EZE. Usually night flights to SJO, a long layover, then on to Lima, and then to EZE - getting there about 3:30am. Did it in Feb 05 and going again in August.

If you are in SJO for over 5 hours, get a transit pass to get out of airport and go to a small B&B and get some rest and a shower ( I used the La Rivera - they pick you up). Get back to SJO airport 1 hr 15 in advance to process transit pass and thu security. You should already have boarding passes and only carry on.

If less time, go to Denny's about 200 yds away, near the rental cars and Hampton Inn. An excellent restaruant to hang in. Even free Wi-Fi.

Flights are not as good as back in million mile runs. Food not as good. Ground service still the pits in most locations.