Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Update on BC Lounges: SJO and LIM???

Old Jun 21, 2005, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.

Last time I was in SJO I don't think there was a Salones VIP. So is there anywhere else that one can go w a BC Taca ticket? Other options? AA mebbe?

Also, has anyone been to the TA Lounge in LIM recently? What's it like comfortwise. Just light munchies available..?

I have a long layover comming up. About 8 hours. I can take it in SJO or LIM. Which would be better?

Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 4:11 pm

I asked the question on SJO a few days ago, and their ansewer was as follows:

As TACA, we do not have a VIP Lounge in San Jose due to airport regulations. You would have to wait for your flight in the regular waiting lounges. However, the airport has recently allowed the opening of one VIP lounge that is run by a travel agency. Their fee is 25USD. Their facilities are more than adequate.

What do you think about it?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Originally Posted by jazzy
I asked the question on SJO a few days ago, and their ansewer was as follows:

As TACA, we do not have a VIP Lounge in San Jose due to airport regulations. You would have to wait for your flight in the regular waiting lounges. However, the airport has recently allowed the opening of one VIP lounge that is run by a travel agency. Their fee is 25USD. Their facilities are more than adequate.

What do you think about it?
The lounge is below the staircase to the "smoking bar" (stairs near the food court). It looked nice and comfortable and I wrote about it about 3-4 mo. ago. No airline clubs. For 3+ hr in airport, probably worth it as airport is a pit.

BUT, better to get a transit exit (no airport tax if under 12 hrs.), go to the Denny's about 200 yds away. You can take a shuttle to car rental area or Hampton (it is in same area). Denny's is an upscale Denny's - comfortable, good food, prices, and service. Also free Wi-Fi for those with laptops. I would not go if less than 3 hrs. layover - and assume you already have boarding passes for onward flight.

The transit process is also detailed in a posting about 3-4 mos. ago. Not hard, but good to know beforehand.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by tvl4free
Last time I was in SJO I don't think there was a Salones VIP. So is there anywhere else that one can go w a BC Taca ticket? Other options? AA mebbe?

Also, has anyone been to the TA Lounge in LIM recently? What's it like comfortwise. Just light munchies available..?

I have a long layover comming up. About 8 hours. I can take it in SJO or LIM. Which would be better?

Thanks.
Last March at the LIM Salones VIP lounge they would not let us enter, saying that those on reward tickets or upgrades were not permitted. Didn't push it as our stopover to EZE was less than one hour, and we were soon back in our plane's J seats in any case. During the same trip, however, got into the SAL lounge no problem...
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by freeflyer[b
]Last March at the LIM Salones VIP lounge they would not let us enter, saying that those on reward tickets or upgrades were not permitted.[/b]

Your posting concerned me a little - so I jetted off an e-mail to the SVIP because I have some 8 hour layovers in LIM comming up soon. Here's the response that I got. You can be sure that I will be traveling w a copy just in case I run into the same person you encountered.

Dear Mr. tvl4free:

You are right. You can access the lounges when traveling on a Business Class Award ticket.

Sincerely,

Juana Jule
Salones VIP

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.