KLM Awards

Old Jun 20, 2005, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
KLM Awards

It sounds like some other folks are trying to get KLM awards so I thought a separate thread might be in order to share our experiences.

I used a tip someone posted here a while back to find KLM award availability--using NWA's Japan site. After much searching I managed to find a RT on KLM flights ord-jnb in D class for dates that work for me. I called NWA and they verified that there was indeed availabity in D.

Soooo... I called GP and was on hold for about half an hour. When I got through the slightly harried agent took my information, said she would make the request and that I should call back on Thursday. She didn't say that they were no KLM awards available....

Does anyone want to take bets on....
1. If I will be able to get through on the phone on Thursday
2. If I do, if they will have any record of this request
3. If I will actually get this award ticketed

I figured it was worth a try as I do have a number of miles to try to burn. I was planning on going to Africa anyway and would certainly rather use these miles than my precious AA miles or even my Delta miles.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
My guess:

1. you will get through with a 3-5 min hold time. I have not had a problem with this.

2. They may have record of your request. Would have been better to fax or email it.

3. For some reason, Awards will not be available. They will probably ask you to call back next week as they are "working on it". Does anyone wonder why it takes GP 4 days to request and confirm a reservation, when any one else can get it done in 15 min with a phone call?
Old Jun 20, 2005, 9:21 pm
Suspended

I thought KLM rewards were no longer available, just TACA. Is this correct?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 6:15 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
I remember in the past trying to get awards flights, and using this japan tool as well. Having found availability using this, I then contacted LP with the flights/dates I wanted. And did I get anywhere? Nope - not a chance in ....

I tried as well last week to get KLM tickets - emailed them. They got back to me saying there was no availability......
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:02 am
Original Poster

OK, not one of you gave me even a shred of hope! Not that I expected any.

But I'll continue to play the game....

It's nice to know that people are getting through on the phone fairly quickly. I was on hold for about half an hour yesterday. I'm also going to try to line up some Taca flights...unless of course I'm too late for that. At least Taca will give you a direct answer.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:29 pm

Just Spoke to GP re: KLM

I just got off the phone with GP and spoke to Marissa who informed me that the agent two days ago made a mistake in accepting my request for seats on KLM. Marissa informed me that the GP will not be accepting anymore requests for seats on KLM. She did tell me that something came down on June 6th of this year to cause this, i.e. that KLM informed GP to the effect that they are no longer giving award seats to GP.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 'something' in question is KL merging its FF programme with AF.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:00 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
yeah, well, it's a bit careless for no one at GP or KL to spot that earlier. I mean it wasn't anything that wasn't planned before. Then again, KL never had award availabilty anyway, so i guess it doesn't make a bit of difference.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Just to close out this thread, I called back and of course they told me KLM had discontinued issuing GP awards 2 weeks ago....

Fortunately I managed to get several reservations made with Taca--including for early 2006 before they dropped the boom and stopped accepting GP award reservations for travel after 12/31/2005.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.