Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

New information about booking rewards with GP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2005, 9:15 am
Original Poster

I talked to GP this morning and found out the following:

Aeropostal is still booking rewards with GP... you can book a reward in Z class with Aeropostal for economy seats. The agent at GP was not sure if business class was available with Aeropostal.

Regarding changing dates once rewards are booked, the GP agent told me that if you want to change dates , to call the airline directly, change the date, pay a fee directly to the airline, and then show up for travel with the original GP paper ticket... in other words, no need to contact GP again to change tickets ( probably a good thing, since GP may not be around a year from now anyway, in my opinion)

tom
Old Jun 13, 2005, 1:00 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
What about Southern Winds? I heard that they on again... and then off again.

FWIW, I checked their website and it appears that they have 747 service now between EZE and Madrid...??? But in a call to GP I was first advised that no you can't even book, then well, 'We're having a lot of problems with them,' then, 'well, mebbe you can try.'

So who knows. Has anyone ever booked w them? Did you do it direct w Southern Winds... or via a phone call to GP in MIAMI?

Does anyone have an EZE phone number for them - one where a freebie might be booked?

Last edited by tvl4free; Jun 13, 2005 at 1:03 pm
Old Jun 13, 2005, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Southern Winds are in dire straits. The Argentinian govt cut their subsidies following some shady practices linked to the smuggling of cocaine on an EZE-MAD flight. They filed for bankruptcy last March and the deadline to come up with a rescue plan by potential investors is, AFAIK, today. It is far from clear that SW will survive. THeir website does indeed refer to an EZE-MAD service. However, this service does not seem to run at present.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.