Wiki Posts
Search

LIM - IAD upgrade odds, Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
LIM - IAD upgrade odds, Platinum

does anybody have any thoughts on what the upgrade list normally looks like between Lima and Washington (non stop)?

also I making a reservation for 3 passengers using upgrade coupons for each passenger. Would it be more to my advantage to book 3 seperate flights? Or would the chance of getting upgraded be the same if it was a reservation of 3. I'm just afraid if for instance there were only 2 seats available to be upgraded and we were a reservation of 3, that we would get skipped over entirely

thanks a lot
MB
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
The IAD flight is popular since is the only fly operated by Latam to the city. A Platinum with a 48 hours check inn has a good chance to get updraded, but 3 is a always up to your luck. I have seem fly with a list of 20 upgrade with 8 or more been Black or Signature and some list of 20 when there are like 4 to 5 Blacks.

About flying separated, you can't get your friend updated in a separate flight than yours. That is why coupons are for your and your companion.....they must fly your same flight and with the same booking number (if each buys their ticket by their self, you wont be able to upgrade them either)

Last edited by PABLOCO; Sep 26, 2017 at 8:28 am
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
The IAD flight is popular since is the only fly operated by Latam to the city. A Platinum with a 48 hours check inn has a good chance to get updraded, but 3 is a always up to your luck. I have seem fly with a list of 20 upgrade with 8 or more been Black or Signature and some list of 20 when there are like 4 to 5 Blacks.

About flying separated, you can't get your friend updated in a separate flight than yours. That is why coupons are for your and your companion.....they must fly your same flight and with the same booking number (if each buys their ticket by their self, you wont be able to upgrade them either)
If you ask for upgrade on 3 seats and they only give you 1 or 2 you can give the upgrade back in the airport, and they will seat you in economy and pass the upgrade to the next in the list.

I wont do it since you wont be the only one on that same situation..... in one Lim - Lax fly (i think....was like 3 year ago). My wife had the upgrade chance 3 and i was on 4. Only 3 seats left, since they use a 767 16 seat J (for that route they use to use 28 seat J), so they ask us if we want to both fly economy.... i say no, let my wife fly Biz, i can change seats with her for a while so no problems.

Well when we got to the door, i was move up on the list since the 2nd on the list didnt want to fly biz alone and his companion was 9 in the list.

Also on a FRA - MAD my wife was 3th and iwas 4th. They ask me and told the same, i got to the airport like 3 hours before the fly. When we got to the gate they toll me that one Biz flyer hasent arrive so far. I boarded the plane, my wife when to biz and i seated on economy. After like 20 minutes, a gate agent when to my seat and moved me to biz heehehe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.