LATAM Brasil Premium Economy?

Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
LATAM Brasil Premium Economy?

Hello everyone, got a question related to premium economy on a LATAM Brasil flight.
I booked a PE flight between SCL-GIG, operated by JJ and according to Seatguru.com, the A320 from LATAM Brasil has Business class instead of Premium Economy, is this accurate? or there are retrofitted planes with the LATAM Airlines Premium Economy config?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Seatguru is often outdated.
From my experience, most (but not all) of LATAM's A320/321 PE configs are simply 3-3 economy seats with the middle seat blocked and a better meal service (plus lounge access).
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
I have done this flight (SCL-GIG) earlier this year in January and the A320 deployed by LATAM Brasil (JJ - LA does not cover this route with their own metal) actually had a 2-2 configuration in the separate front part of the cabin (not sure about how many rows, but it must have been three or maximum four) with typical old-style North American F Class seats, quite wide and comfy with a moveable foot rest.

I am really not a fan of JJ, but I recall this flight having been a somewhat more pleasant experience, because we were indeed positively surprised by the better seating arrangement. Of course, lounge access was included and you get improved meal service.

Not sure, if the aircraft and/or configuration has changed in the meantime, but I clearly remember that the flight was marketed and bought as Premium Economy on the LATAM (Chile) site and that any GIG-bound (direct) flight from SCL offers the option of Premium Business.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
There are 2 configuration A320s that fly to GIG. The first have the single class with space + seats. And the second will have economy and 12 premium economy seats (2 - 2 with 3 rows).

This seats as the told you are like domestic first class on US (like a 737 AA) but they dont have IFE for each seat.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Glad to know that seatguru.com was accurate this time.

What about the A320Neo? saw that plane doing the SCL-GIG route a few times, was the plane configured with the same "Business" class found in JJ's A320? or with the LA middle seat blocked Premium Economy?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Gio Salinas
Glad to know that seatguru.com was accurate this time.

What about the A320Neo? saw that plane doing the SCL-GIG route a few times, was the plane configured with the same "Business" class found in JJ's A320? or with the LA middle seat blocked Premium Economy?
I can't imagine LATAM taking delivery of any new planes with any semblance of comfort on a narrow-body aeronave.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I can't imagine LATAM taking delivery of any new planes with any semblance of comfort on a narrow-body aeronave.
A320 Neo will only have Economy. Not even the blockee middle seat on that plane for what i know
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:37 pm

Sometimes 3-3 with middle seat blocked and other times 2-2. Meal service is quite impressive.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by zhizhizz
Sometimes 3-3 with middle seat blocked and other times 2-2. Meal service is quite impressive.
3-3 with middle block are only find on Lan Metal. TAM Metal will have the 2-2 config. Just about the 5% of short range planes are branded with the Latam new colors, so is easy to spot.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: LATAM Black
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
3-3 with middle block are only find on Lan Metal. TAM Metal will have the 2-2 config. Just about the 5% of short range planes are branded with the Latam new colors, so is easy to spot.
Well, I flied SCL-GIG (JJ8125) this morning on TAM metal. Premium economy, but it was just economy seats with a bit extra legroom and the middle seat blocked.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
Well, I flied SCL-GIG (JJ8125) this morning on TAM metal. Premium economy, but it was just economy seats with a bit extra legroom and the middle seat blocked.
If you flew yesterday, it was on PR-MAZ, which according to planespotters.net was re-configured from Y176 to C12-Y156 on Sep 2016. But this looks like a lottery, you can get the nice "Business" seat or the Economy with the middle seat blocked
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I flew on PR-MBE a few days ago which is a Y174 config and yet "premium economy" was still offered in a 3-3 blocked middle seat. It seems like a lottery really :P
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
Wow nice to know. Hope i dont have that problem next month.

Just to confirm the seats where red or some sort of gray color?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: LATAM Black
the new(er) TAM seats, if I recall correctly - I think they are red. Kind of plasticky. Not very comfortable.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
I'm sorry to inform that the old configuration is gone all across JJ's 320 fleet by now. Flights with premium economy are on 174Y with middle seat blocked for the first three rows. The meals can be surprisingly good though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.