Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM booking time changes...almost every flight changed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot

Hey everyone,

So I booked a pan South America trip for September back in January, with the following route:

DME-FRA-BOG-CUZ-*LPB-LIM#-SCL-IPC-SCL-MVD, AEP-IGR, IGU-GIG*-FRA-DME

# LIM is a mere layover

From LPB to GIG I'm flying exclusively LATAM, which I booked through ebookers (mostly because it was the only website that would book all the flights at once), which I I credit as giving a relatively reasonable price for flights between LPB and IGR, and the only site I could get to book tickets between DME and CUZ/IGU.

However, ever since I booked the tickets, I've had schedule changes on almost every flight...most of the time it was a case of an hour or less, so nothing serious (e.g. LBP-LIM moved back by 20 minutes) but a couple really bothered me....

Within 10 minutes of booking the DME-CUZ/IGU-DME part, I had an email saying my flight from IGU had been moved back by 2 hours, so rather than having about 3-4 hours connection time in GIG, I'm now left with 90 mins and wondering what on earth would happen should I miss the GIG-FRA flight...my guess is either, if it's in time, reroute through somewhere else like GRU, or simply wait for the next available flight.

Another one with slightly less worrying potential scenarios, but somewhat frustrating nonetheless, was AEP-IGR, originally scheduled for departure for around 0930, and now moved back by 3 hours, which ultimately leaves less time in Puerto Iguazu, yet I find there is a flight actually earlier than this with LATAM (plus several others on Aerolineas Argentinias, but hey). However, I did book the first flight out for a reason, and I'm now on the second! (the first actually only leaves 90 minutes earlier...)

So, 2 questions:

1) Is there anything, if possible, one can do to get onto an earlier flight? (RE: AEP-IGR) I'm not holding out much hope given it was through ebookers...
2) Is this kind of constant rescheduling really this common in South America? I can't say I've ever experienced so many schedule changes for one trip...ever!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
It should be possible to change the flights to your liking on www.latam.com

Follow the method described here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam...de-online.html
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
I followed it, but after clicking 'More Information', it wouldn't access the reservation and referred to a call centre. Never mind eh...

Although I should have said earlier, from Foz do Iguacu to Rio, that was part of a Lufthansa ticket, so I think there's nothing LATAM can do about that sadly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.