Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Status Match 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
LATAM Status Match 2017

Has anyone recently status matched or tried to? I'm especially interested in people who tried with non OW status. I've been hearing mixed reports as to whether they only match OW status, or any airline.
How long does it usually take to get an answer? Is it best to just fill out the form or send an email somewhere? Thank you.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
*G to Platinum. Took about a dozen calls, four emails and countless twitter DMs to get it through. Done in May, matched until March 2018.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
What email address did you use? I'm hoping to get this done quickly, as I have a OW flight in a week.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:40 pm

I used [email protected] and [email protected] but they did not get back to me until I started nagging them on Twitter. Good luck!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

I've tweeted to 4 different LATAM accounts (from different countries) and also DM'd one of them and I haven't gotten a single response. Which one(s) responded to you?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0
I've tweeted to 4 different LATAM accounts (from different countries) and also DM'd one of them and I haven't gotten a single response. Which one(s) responded to you?
@LaTamAirlines answered to my DM in about 4-5 hours each time.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

I ended up contacting them on Facebook messenger, which ended up being a lot more effective. They asked me for some personal info, and said a case has been made, and that I'll hear a response in ~5 days. Hopefully it will be faster but we'll see.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:52 pm

Be careful to ensure you use an authentic destination address (and please, not mine).

For example, I have a username that happens to be LaTam, but I am in *not* affiliated with the airline.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Brazilian LATAM Twitter finally responded to my PM. Going to send all my stuff to them too, as it seems it doesn't hurt to have more people involved with this to get the match done.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
I am looking for the opposite.

Trying to get other airlines (particularly GOL) to match my LATAM status.

LATAM (Brazil) is a disgrace of an airline.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Oh I could care less about LATAM, I doubt I'll ever fly with them I really don't like anything in OneWorld but they had the only reasonable one way Europe-US fare I needed.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimmielin
*G to Platinum. Took about a dozen calls, four emails and countless twitter DMs to get it through. Done in May, matched until March 2018.
So they emailed me back, asking for proof that I took a flight with them in the last 12 months. Did they ask you for this too? The best I can answer is I'm waiting for the match to do so, which is pretty much true.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
Latam have a policy of NOT status matching unless you have proof of at least one flight with them in the preceding 12 months.

I last status matched a client with them in November & they asked for this, which I had.

They granted the status match from Qatar Privilege Platinum to Latam Pass Black until March 2018.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Well then I guess I won't be seeing what the "pleasures" of OneWorld are beyond this one trip. I do find it frustrating how difficult it is to status match nowadays. It seems like every single program needs proof of a flight taken before. The whole point of a status match though is to give you incentive to fly with the given airline/alliance. Why would you be flying with them before if you had status with someone else. I don't really understand the reasoning.

Challenges make more sense either way, you get temporary status and then prove that you're actually going to be flying the airline regularly. Too bad only airlines in the US seem to do it this way.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
I guess they only want to Status Match for customers that will fly with them. By asking for proof of one flight, it at least shows that you have flown in their geographic area of operation. So it eliminates people from other alliances(& AA!) that never fly in South America from getting a Latam status match to give them benefits on other OneWorld Airlines.

eg. Latam Black (OneWorld Emerald) flyers get access to better AA Lounges than AA Executive Platinum do on their own airline! If I was AA Exp & flying a lot domestically in the US, I'd try to get a Latam status match to improve my lounge access at US Airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.