Wiki Posts
Search

Int'l to Int'l Connection at GRU

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Int'l to Int'l Connection at GRU

Having never flown through GRU, I was wondering if I had enough time to stop by the lounge if connecting from a MIA-GRU (arriving 5:50 AM) to GRU-EZE flight at 7:20 AM?

If it matters, flying business, both flights on LATAM..
Old May 17, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Having never flown through GRU, I was wondering if I had enough time to stop by the lounge if connecting from a MIA-GRU (arriving 5:50 AM) to GRU-EZE flight at 7:20 AM?

If it matters, flying business, both flights on LATAM..
Not fully sure but you must be landing and going from the new terminal 3 which is a breeze staying airside, enjoy the biggest lounge in South America in T3
Old May 17, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I think you should, but probably not a huge amount of time. When you are exiting the plane, follow the corridor and make sure you don't do immigration - there's an area for connections. It's a really brief security check and then you're in T3.

However, I seem to recall the boarding gates were a bit further away from the lounges. I had an overnight connection so spent my time wandering the terminal and lounges.

The LATAM lounge is in the same style as their new lounges (EZE, SCL, BOG) but I found it too crowded and actually spent most of my time at the Admirals Club, which was quieter and had good food offerings.
Old May 18, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Note that non-compliant liquids (even those that you can bring through Chile, Argentina and Peru) will be pulled at transit security, including contact lens solution (permitted in the USA).
Old May 18, 2017, 10:35 am
NP_

Programs: LATAM Pass, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott Rewards
If your MIA-GRU flight lands on time, you should have no problem whatsoever to get to your connecting flight.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NP_
If your MIA-GRU flight lands on time, you should have no problem whatsoever to get to your connecting flight.
Hopefully not! But my main question is about having time to check out the VIP Lounge before connecting
Old May 18, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Note that non-compliant liquids (even those that you can bring through Chile, Argentina and Peru) will be pulled at transit security, including contact lens solution (permitted in the USA).
Also, Brazil is one of the very few countries that doesn't permit camera tripods in carry-on luggage.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:15 pm
NP_

Programs: LATAM Pass, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott Rewards
Hopefully not! But my main question is about having time to check out the VIP Lounge before connecting
Oh! Definitely missed that part.

Well, if by check out you mean to just literally check it out, you should be able to do it if you spare 10 minutes, since you'll most probably be arriving and departing from Terminal 3. To LATAM's VIP Lounge is a 5 minutes walk from T3's departure gates.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Warning, you MAY get a T2-T3 or T3-T2 connection on INT-INT flights

My last INT-INT connection at GRU on a 100% JJ itinerary was a T2-T3 connection on one way and T3-T2 connection on the other way. While connecting is easy as you remain airside anyway, there's a looooong walk between both terminals (especially if you, like me, get the lucky combination of both gates being on the exact opposite ends of the airport, so you may get the longest possible T2-T3 walk, which will take around 30 minutes gate to gate)

Will you have time to go to the lounge? yes, if your inbound flight is on time. You won't get to be there for longer than a coffee though.
Old May 18, 2017, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlarroulet
Warning, you MAY get a T2-T3 or T3-T2 connection on INT-INT flights

My last INT-INT connection at GRU on a 100% JJ itinerary was a T2-T3 connection on one way and T3-T2 connection on the other way. While connecting is easy as you remain airside anyway, there's a looooong walk between both terminals (especially if you, like me, get the lucky combination of both gates being on the exact opposite ends of the airport, so you may get the longest possible T2-T3 walk, which will take around 30 minutes gate to gate)

Will you have time to go to the lounge? yes, if your inbound flight is on time. You won't get to be there for longer than a coffee though.
Or a glass of bubbly
Old May 19, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Or a glass of bubbly
oh yes, unless you're connecting at 8am hahaha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.