Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Requalification under the new rules. Kilometro runs? Where are you today?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

First year as Black after moving from AA EXP and I like it so far, so going for requalification this year.

I'm a Chile based flyer, and for sure that the conditions for Black/Black Signature that apply to people in Colombia/USA/Spain (I guess other countries as well?) are way better.

Too bad the website doesn't show how much you need to requalify but rather how much you need for the next tier.

I'm at 98.140kms in LATAM, and 128.734kms in LATAM + OW, 3 premium segments, 9.4k Elite Dólares.

So from what I understand I need 1.6K Elite Dólares + 10.300kms OW or LATAM and I'm done as Black for next year. I have a SCL-BOG rt flight in premium cabin in a few days so that will do it.

Black Signature gets hard as I need 111,860 LATAM kms or 52.000kms OW/LATAM + 11 premium segments, and $22.000 Elite Dólares.

At least for me, this is very hard to achieve specially as LATAM doesn't count Elite Dólares on OW carriers. So no matter if you buy J fares on other carriers, you only get KMs + class bonus. I have AA/CX/QR premium cabin flights in the future, and I'm thinking that it is not worth pursuing Black Signature, and just go for EXP (OW Emerald) on AA as backup. AAdvantage moved to revenue as well, but at least they give you something for flying on partner airlines, unlike LATAM.

Any recommendations on "kilometros" or "dólares" runs? SCL-LIM-BOG sound good for premium "segmentos especiales" runs. 3 RTs can help me achieve the kms and segments needed to Black Signature... but no way will meet the $32k Elite Dólares goal.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:52 am

Can you tell me where to find those KMS Eilte and Dolares Elite on website? Only could find movements for LATAMPass KMS. Thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Following up the new rules topic, I just came across really bizarre stats in my Account related to KMS Elite and I hope someone could help me to make sense of it. I am LATAM Black now, and the current information for classification gives me two different numbers

Namely, when I look at my KMS Elite in "Con KMS Kilómetros . Elite + Dólares Elite" section, the amount of acquired KMS Elite is much lower, than the number I see when I switch to "Con KMS Kilómetros . Elite + segmentos + Dólares Elite". I figured out that the difference is equal to the number of my KMS flown on OW partner airlines. This is bizarre...

As it stands, it means if you try to qualify on "KMS + Elite dollars" the kilometers flown on OW partner airlines are NOT counted. While if you switch to the option "KMS Elite + Elite dollars + Premium segments" those very KMS (OW partners) are taken into account. It doesn't make any sense, since the rules (as far as I understand) clearly state that KMS can be accumulated both on LATAM flight and OW partners.

Could Anyone confirm my observation ? Does anyone has the same issue ?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Sadly your observation is correct.

OW kilómetros don't count for that method of qualification.

And OW flights don't give your dólares elite.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by dbasulto
Sadly your observation is correct.

OW kilómetros don't count for that method of qualification.

And OW flights don't give your dólares elite.
Thanks for the confirmation ! Then it raises serious question about the new rules (or perhaps there is a bug in the system ?). Current LATAM rules says, that one of qualification criteria is:

"140.000 KMS Elite (mínimo 70.000 en LATAM)"

Which means you CAN accumulate KMS on other airlines (i.e. OW partners), but at least 70000 KMS must be flown on LATAM. Here, in my example, we see that OW KMS are not counted at all.

Moreover, assuming OW KMS do no count, why do they become suddenly counted in another way of classification, namely via "KMS + Dollar + Segments" It doesn't make any sense. At least I cannot find any published rule which explains that. I'll be contacting LATAM, but in the meantime please free to share your opinions ^
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

For me, OW kms appear for "KMS Kilómetros . Elite + segmentos + Dólares Elite".
I have 165K (LAN + a few AA BA and IB flights), and for "KMS Kilómetros . Elite + Dólares Elite" I have 135K KMS Kilómetros (just LAN).

Last edited by dbasulto; Jul 4, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.