Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Control fare 'Residents only' error text?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold

Hi,

When I search on the UK LATAM website for a LIM-CUZ flight and hover over the 'Control' fare it states that the fare is for 'Residents only' - see image below. I assume this is a bug and the text is there in error as my understanding is that the fare for residents is called 'Access' not 'Control'. Also I guess they wouldn't display fares on the UK website that cannot be purchased by UK citizens.

The same text is actually present on any English speaking location website e.g. US, Canada, Australia etc.

Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: LANPASS
Weird.
*SHOULD* be a mistake since in the non-Peruvian versions the fares which are actually "residents only" are inhibited.

I know a guy who knows a guy... I'll shoot him an email, I'll let you know if I get a reply
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlarroulet
Weird.
*SHOULD* be a mistake since in the non-Peruvian versions the fares which are actually "residents only" are inhibited.

I know a guy who knows a guy... I'll shoot him an email, I'll let you know if I get a reply
Great, many thanks appreciate it!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Well, it seems it's a mistranslation.

On the spanish page it says this restriction only applies to Base and Access fares. Even hovering over the Control fare, it doesn't mention anything about residence

Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:45 am

the guy I know who knows a guy says such guy (ok, this is getting confusing)...

My friend says he got an insider on the phone and they told him it's most likely a mistake and there should be no problem purchasing the Control family
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Semphyra
Well, it seems it's a mistranslation.

On the spanish page it says this restriction only applies to Base and Access fares. Even hovering over the Control fare, it doesn't mention anything about residence
Thanks, I saw something similar on the Peruvian website so does look like an error.

My friend says he got an insider on the phone and they told him it's most likely a mistake and there should be no problem purchasing the Control family
Thanks that's good to hear. We have gone ahead an booked, hopefully should be ok ^.

Thanks again!
Old May 3, 2017, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Sorry me again . Probably a big ask but do you know if they are planning to fix it? There are lots of worried and confused people over on the Tripadvisor forum being told conflicting information by LATAM on the phone. Thanks.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:36 am

I have no information regarding that, but I'll see if I can find something out.

And yes, they may get conflicting information from LATAM on the phone (the first tier of the service desk is an outsourced tier which is trained to get information mostly from the website, not from the reservation system, so this is the quintessential YMMV)

I'll make a couple phone calls and post back if I get anything useful in response
Old May 3, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

I have no information regarding that, but I'll see if I can find something out.

And yes, they may get conflicting information from LATAM on the phone (the first tier of the service desk is an outsourced tier which is trained to get information mostly from the website, not from the reservation system, so this is the quintessential YMMV)

I'll make a couple phone calls and post back if I get anything useful in response
Thanks very much really appreciate it .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.