lounge use at EZE airport

Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
lounge use at EZE airport

I have J award tickets from AA to fly on LAN. LA 442 EZE-SCL to LA 500 SCL-MIA. There were no J award seats for the EZE-SCL leg so am in econ. SCL MIA is in J.

Upon arrival at EZE preflight will I be able to access the LAN Business lounge since I have a J ticket? If not the LAN lounge, can I use the AA lounge? I'm assuming I can use the lounge at SCL while transmitting, if there is time.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

From the OW rules:
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:

First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic fligh
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

EastBay1K: that seems to indicate I will have lounge access for sure while connecting at SCL from int'l econ to int'l business flights. It's not very clear if I will be allowed lounge access at EZE for the initial int'l flight from Argentina to Chile with an econ seat on that flight as that is not a connecting flight.

Being able to use a lounge at EZE is the time that's most important as I will most likely be at the airport 3 hours before a 8:00pm flight since I have to check out of the hotel by noon and find something to do all afternoon with luggage.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: LATAM Black / IHG Platinum / Avis Preferred Plus
yes you can, saphire or emerald, show you ticket and they will let you in.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoseDD
yes you can, saphire or emerald, show you ticket and they will let you in.
I am AA lifetime gold which equals ruby.

this is the part of the rules that is vague:

Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.

It doesn't indicate if this applies for lounge access o the initial flight, which is international short haul from Argentina to Chile on a J ticket but seated in coach.
Will I have to argue with the lounge people at the desk for access?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan

It doesn't indicate if this applies for lounge access o the initial flight, which is international short haul from Argentina to Chile on a J ticket but seated in coach.
You should have access as long as you show your BP for the SCL-MIA leg, even though it's a separate reservation, a same-day international flight grants the access. The LATAM lounge folks are usually pretty good about this, but YMMV. Be sure to have a print-out of the itinerary.

You should have access to both the LATAM and AA lounges.

Good luck!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zpaul
You should have access as long as you show your BP for the SCL-MIA leg, even though it's a separate reservation, a same-day international flight grants the access. The LATAM lounge folks are usually pretty good about this, but YMMV. Be sure to have a print-out of the itinerary.

You should have access to both the LATAM and AA lounges.

Good luck!
It's not a separate reservation, it is all one ticket. It is a biz award ticket but there were no biz seats on the EZE-SCL leg. We are in biz on SCL-MIA leg. I suppose it is possible LAN will open up biz seats on LA442 when it gets closer to the time but I have no experience with LAN. This will be my first time flying them.

Last edited by susiesan; May 31, 2017 at 2:29 pm
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:31 am

It's not a separate reservation, it is all one ticket. it is a biz award ticket but there were no biz seats on the EZE-SCL leg. We are in biz on SCL-MIA leg. I suppose it is possible LAN will open up biz seats on LA442 when it gets closer to the time but I have no experience with LAN. This will be my first time flying them.
Ah, then you definitely have lounge access in EZE. Sorry it took so long to get you an answer.

LA442 is an A320, so no J, but they do have Premium Economy with is intra-European-style Business. That class also grants lounge access. Be sure to be searching for that class (P or W, I think) rather than J.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Red face good to know

Originally Posted by zpaul
Ah, then you definitely have lounge access in EZE. Sorry it took so long to get you an answer.

LA442 is an A320, so no J, but they do have Premium Economy with is intra-European-style Business. That class also grants lounge access. Be sure to be searching for that class (P or W, I think) rather than J.
We are seated in row 7. Is that the premium economy seats? My ticket says T class. It is only a 2 1/2 hour flight so I'm not too concerned about a biz seat on that leg. As long as I got the lie flat seat on SCL-MIA overnight leg I am happy. And having lounge access at EZE will be great, especially if we end up being dropped off at the airport 2-3 hours before the flight.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:09 am

We are seated in row 7. Is that the premium economy seats? My ticket says T class. It is only a 2 1/2 hour flight so I'm not too concerned about a biz seat on that leg. As long as I got the lie flat seat on SCL-MIA overnight leg I am happy. And having lounge access at EZE will be great, especially if we end up being dropped off at the airport 2-3 hours before the flight.
Rows 1-3 are PE, so no, you're not there. As you say, it's such a short flight that it's really not a big deal, though be sure to have window seats for the last part of the flight over the Andes!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: LATAM Black / IHG Platinum / Avis Preferred Plus

Unfortunately, Ruby, is the lowest tier, you will need to get some business class seats to get into the lounge, LAN or American, or any other Ruby, has no benefits.
Good stuff comes with sapphire, being lifetime Ruby, equals to not much nowadays unfortunately.

Now there is only only one way to get into the lounge for "free" and is owning status, which equal butt time with any alliance carrier, maybe some credit card will do the trick but that is very thin.

Good luck and safe travels.
Cheers
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by JoseDD
Unfortunately, Ruby, is the lowest tier, you will need to get some business class seats to get into the lounge, LAN or American, or any other Ruby, has no benefits.
OP is traveling in Business for the long-haul leg, SCL-MIA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.