Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM's New In-Flight Safety Video

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion

A little birdie sent me this video https://player.vimeo.com/video/210999716

What are your thoughts?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by Semphyra
A little birdie sent me this video https://player.vimeo.com/video/210999716

What are your thoughts?
"Unremarkable" is the most positive word that comes to my mind...
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
I like it a lot. It has a nice holiday feel to it, and it's also quite different from what is normally played onboard.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krzysz
I like it a lot. It has a nice holiday feel to it, and it's also quite different from what is normally played onboard.
Unless you've recently flown Qatar (which btw you can do on GRU-EZE), in which case the LATAM version seems like a very cheap attempt to do something similar:

Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Unless you've recently flown Qatar (which btw you can do on GRU-EZE), in which case the LATAM version seems like a very cheap attempt to do something similar:

Qatar Airways In-Flight Safety Video Starring FC Barcelona - YouTube
Qatar's video looks expensive indeed and is both showy and noisy (imagine watching it every day on every flight as a flight attendant), but I prefer Latam's production and I think they did a good job.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:16 pm

Someone has posted an extended version of the video on youtube
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Also evocative of earlier Air NZ and Virgin safety videos. I'm part of this generation, but: damn millennials, everything has to be so flashy and trendy now. I pretty much liked the previous one.

and of course, OW partner, AA

Last edited by MfromL; Apr 2, 2017 at 9:22 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
It reminds me of all of the parts I hate of AA's new video, along with low-budget nods to Air New Zealand and some others. Overall unimpressive, but at the same time it's nice to have a change from the animated one. Let's hope they produce a replacement faster than it took them to get this one out.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I was surprised that the last version went for so long without even mentioning the airline's name at the end.
Old May 13, 2017, 1:41 pm

It seems to me that Latam's video may have been influenced by the one by Air France (a similar concept). I find both of them very good
Old May 14, 2017, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krzysz
It seems to me that Latam's video may have been influenced by the one by Air France (a similar concept). I find both of them very good New Air France safety demonstration video - YouTube
Well, I like the Air France video better, and I think it has much better use of music. However, it has a bizarre picture of an airplane with no over-wing exits, and instead some random mid-plane exits in front of and behind the wings. Does AirFrance actually fly a plane like that? (Does anyone?)
Old May 18, 2017, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, an A321?
Old May 30, 2017, 7:21 pm

Not much difference IMO than
, which I don't like at all, I always decide if one is better or worse than the one that QF had back in '13, which I thought was very professional, but the new one from LA is certainly slightly better than the latest QF ones, I mean, they just add a couple of extra mins to the video. Anyway, enough of that to risk going off topic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.