Wiki Posts
Search

787-9 business class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

787-9 business class

Hi All,

I'll be flying JFK-LIM in business class in June on the 787-900. What can I expect from this flight? How's the bedding? I'm considering brining my own pillow/blanket since it's a red eye. Does Latam provide a mattress pad?

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
No mattress pad, but if the flight isn't full, I take another blanket (they are puffy duvets) - one for below, and one for above if I'm cool - otherwise, both below.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
We found it fine but it depends how much you like your creature comforts. No PJs provided though
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: LATAM Black / IHG Platinum / Avis Preferred Plus
Nothing you will remember. I tried EZE-SCL-JFK in business class, and is nothing out of the extraordinary.

I used to complain on TAM GRU-JFK business class on the old 767 they have, but sadly they are superior than Lan.

The plane overall is better, but the services you get are not equally improved. Lan 767 GRU-LIM or LIM-JFK has superior service in business class.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Of course you will be given a pillow and duvet in J. No need to bring your own.

I also flew EZE-SCL-JFK in J. Angled lie-flat seats. A couple of seats broken so wouldn't convert into bed. Luckily the cabin was mostly empty so I could move to one that did. Even then it felt cramped and uncomfortable.

Not a fan of LATAM J...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif

I also flew EZE-SCL-JFK in J. Angled lie-flat seats. A couple of seats broken so wouldn't convert into bed. Luckily the cabin was mostly empty so I could move to one that did. Even then it felt cramped and uncomfortable.
The seats are lie flat. If you're on a 767 and don't move the mid part up after putting the seat in the bed position, it will slant. Of course, this is not obvious.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses! Should I expect to receive the Salvatore Ferragamo amenity kit? Both of my flights are red-eye flights.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petey2428
Thanks for all the responses! Should I expect to receive the Salvatore Ferragamo amenity kit? Both of my flights are red-eye flights.
Yup. As of last Wednesday, this was still the kit.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
We found it fine but it depends how much you like your creature comforts. No PJs provided though
So I'll have to bring PJ's from another airline? Think I'll bring the new JL ones I just got when I fly LA 501 MIA SCL.

Are there any seats in J that are preferable for a couple traveling together?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by susiesan
So I'll have to bring PJ's from another airline? Think I'll bring the new JL ones I just got when I fly LA 501 MIA SCL.

Are there any seats in J that are preferable for a couple traveling together?
All of them are identical pairs. The only way you'll both have aisle access is to take a center pair.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
We had a 787 for SCL>IPC>SCL and found the seat very comfortable to sleep, lots of leg room and for a day flight, was offered pillow and blanket.

If we were flying longer than the 5hrs or an overnight, I would have picked the middle seats so we both have aisle access and pack pjs.

Thought the staff were not as polished as some of the other airlines but overall pleasant service and attentive when approached.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
Latam have installed the same J class seats in the 787-9 & Latam Brazil's(Tam) A350's.

My problem is that in lie flat mode, the seat is only about 185cm. I'm 193cm & given you don't want your head jammed up against the hard plastic behind the seat, I have to lay on my side & curl my legs to sleep.

Ironically, I often get off the 787-9 in Santiago & board a much older 747 which i can then lie flat in comfortably.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again for your input. My flight will land in Lima at 6 am, and my flight to Cusco departs at 7:35. Do you guys think this is enough time for a connection? Is there a fast track process for business class passengers?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: LANPASS
no fast track for business class passengers of any airline at immigration.
You'll be on a tight connection and you'll get to LIM at rush hour, so my very first advice is to try to get off the plane as quickly as possible and walk fast to immigration.

INT-DOM connections at LIM require you go through immigration and customs at LIM, then go landside to recheck your bags and then walk to the other side of the terminal to re-clear security. Even though you're within the MCT, move quickly

If both segments are on the same ticket, you're covered and LATAM should rebook you in case you miss the connection. If you're on separate tickets, you're pretty much on your own.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:28 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not a fan of LATAM J...
I'll second this. After just finishing my trip, I'll go with UA the next time. I'm glad I booked a round trip, because I would have shrugged off the poor service as a fluke, but after 4 segments, it's systemic. Never thought I'd say that I'd prefer a USA airline over an international one!

CLG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.