Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787-9 business class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MfromL
And you are also assuming that yourself on the type of service based on their view of you, your nationality, or your domain of a language in comparison to the 'hotshot' peruvian lady.

I was just pointing out that some people find differences in the way service is provided mainly due to cultural differences that impact how something is requested/offered/or how one addresses someone else. Efficient communication requires an appropiate understanding of some of these codes and they vary from culture to culture. It might be impolite to address someone directly or in a short manner in culture A, but not in culture B. The results of these communications can also be different, and how we interpret them.

Anyhow, sorry that you have this experience. I've found historically that LATAM FAs respond in different manners depending on their nationality, age and other factors. When they are unresponsive I usually stand up and go to the front or back galley to ask them stuff directly, like water, wine, etc.
The service on that flight was poor, period. Don't try to blame me, or try to tell me to be more vocal in getting the things I wanted. I straight up said that I had to flag down the FAs, and even with that, it took a long time for them to get my drink.

On the other hand, I also mentioned that I received great service on my LIM to MIA flight, hence my overall experience with LATAM is mixed.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
Originally Posted by MfromL
the second class thing is mostly a matter of cultural perspective.
No it's not. Petey was comparing the good service the lady beside him received to the poor service that he got. That's not a matter of 'cultural perspective', it's a clear observation.

If he'd said he felt the service was poor compared solely to what he expected, that may have been a cultural perspective, but he didn't.

I don't speak Spanish, so I can't comment on the service offered to Spanish vs English speakers on Latam (Lan). I do however speak Portuguese & can confirm that FA's on Latam (Tam) are much friendlier to Portuguese than English speakers and provide consistently better service.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:59 pm
wmz

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
To offer a contrasting perspective, I had a great flight on 787-9 J from EZE-SCL-JFK. The seat was comfortable and wide enough to sleep in many different positions, and I liked that the footrest was also wide, unlike some narrow footwells in reverse herringbone positions. The 2-2-2 configuration wasn't a problem, since I was traveling with my girlfriend, who slept the entire flight in the window seat without needing to get up. Dinner was actually pretty decent, especially the salad and Chilean sea bass entree. Breakfast was underwhelming, but nothing worse than AA. Service was very friendly and accommodating as well, especially on SCL-JFK. Perhaps SCL-based flight crews are better, since SCL is LAN's HQ?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:07 am
NP_

Programs: LATAM Pass, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by wmz
To offer a contrasting perspective, I had a great flight on 787-9 J from EZE-SCL-JFK. The seat was comfortable and wide enough to sleep in many different positions, and I liked that the footrest was also wide, unlike some narrow footwells in reverse herringbone positions. The 2-2-2 configuration wasn't a problem, since I was traveling with my girlfriend, who slept the entire flight in the window seat without needing to get up. Dinner was actually pretty decent, especially the salad and Chilean sea bass entree. Breakfast was underwhelming, but nothing worse than AA. Service was very friendly and accommodating as well, especially on SCL-JFK. Perhaps SCL-based flight crews are better, since SCL is LAN's HQ?
Yes, there's definitely a different service standard with SCL-based crews (LAN) than with GRU-based crews (TAM).
Not saying that GRU-based flights and crews will get you poor service in J, but it's pretty inconsistent to say the least, while SCL-based crews seem to provide a consistently solid service.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: QANTAS, Oneworld
I flew SCL-LIM-JFK and JFK-SCL on a LATAM 787-9 in J, during May. Seat 3H on both trips.

The seat was comfortable and the service was good. I'm 6'4" so the lie-flat bed wasn't quite long enough for me, but I knew that would be the case and worked around it without much hassle.

The IFE worked well and there was enough interesting material on it to keep me occupied over both trips.

They allowed SCL-JFK passengers to stay on the aircraft during the LIM stopover, which was unexpected but greatly appreciated.

The J lounge is SCL was nice. I got to spend a couple of 7 hours transits in it, connecting with flights from/to SYD flights. Its a two story lounge and upstairs section was delightfully quiet.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Recently flew FRA-MAD on a LA 787-900 in Business. The SCL-based cabin crew was lovely. Meal was fairly basic consisting of a shrimp salad.

The seats were fine though they lack privacy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.