Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GRU-EZE-BOG is really a routing?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
GRU-EZE-BOG is really a routing?

I was looking for BA award tickets for Sao Paulo to Bogota, and found the above routing GRU-EZE-BOG available on many days. There is also a nonstop but much less available.
Has anyone actually flown this route? It's usually open in Business Class so might be reasonably pleasant on a 767-300. Still a long day!
Fares on the route are US$600+ in Y .
Thanks for any info!

Last edited by kyushuman; Mar 14, 2017 at 5:22 am
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: LANPASS
It is a feasible routing, although not the most logical one. LATAM operates both the GRU-EZE and EZE-BOG services, so there may be a feasible connection at Ezeiza

The obvious downside is the layover and the total travel time.
The upside is that there's a lot more flights on both legs if you take the longer routing, so more schedule choices for you... IIRC, the GRU-BOG nonstop is only once a day.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by jlarroulet
It is a feasible routing, although not the most logical one. LATAM operates both the GRU-EZE and EZE-BOG services, so there may be a feasible connection at Ezeiza

The obvious downside is the layover and the total travel time.
The upside is that there's a lot more flights on both legs if you take the longer routing, so more schedule choices for you... IIRC, the GRU-BOG nonstop is only once a day.
I'm sorry I should have been more specific-- it's ONE FLIGHT NUMBER all the way GRU-EZE-BOG. Which is why it's available as a through flight with only one flight coupon, and lowest miles needed.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
LATAM Airlines Brazil got recently the fifth freedom of air, so they can fly to EZE and BOG on the same flight.

The lower price might be an oversight of Revenue Management. If you are willing to have a longer flight than the nonstop, then go for it
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:24 am

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ights-in-3q17/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.