Wiki Posts
Search

Latam Black Signature update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Latam Black Signature
Latam Black Signature update

I have been Black Signature for around 3 months now and to me it is a big change from being just Black.

Not only the priority for upgrades makes getting them much easier, but the level of service and attention, including a special van in GRU when deplaning by bus, special services crew helping in all the processes (baggage pictures to locate them if missing, help thru security in MIA, introduction from S. Serv to the cabin crew, upgrades at check-in even in low space flights, whatsapp fast support for check-in, etc...). Any other Black Signature out there with similar (or different) experiences?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: LATAM Black / IHG Platinum / Avis Preferred Plus
Sounds good, but that is the standard service for cathay pacific for being Latam Black - Emeral OW

I do not have any incentive to spend more travelling with them to reach that point unless necessary, i have already started moving away OW to Skyteam.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Update

At least in the routes I am flying, if you are not BlacK Signature, your upgrade chances are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Last week flying from Mexico I was out of luck up until 1 h before the flight. For Tuesday, see the list.

Black Signature is becoming a must if you want upgrade certainty.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by RIAL
At least in the routes I am flying, if you are not BlacK Signature, your upgrade chances are getting slimmer and slimmer. [...]
Black Signature is becoming a must if you want upgrade certainty.
The question is, how many Black (Signature) "in need" of upgrades will be left, once the present qualification period is over.

IMHO, especially the turnover threshold is hard to reach, even with the sufficient "special segments" and a couple of intercontinental trips to your name.

Nowadays, Black Signature are basically supposed to fly premium cabin all the way, if they want to maintain the status.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: LATAM Black
I have flown SCL-MEX several times in the last couple of years and have always been upgraded, even though I am "just" Black. Same goes for SCL-MAD and most other routes.
For me it is mostly SCL-AEP, SCL-GIG and SCL-GRU where the upg does not result. And mostly not because of Black Signature UPG requests, but because prem eco is completely sold out.
I don't think I have ever seen more than 2 signatures on the upgrade list.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

In the flight for LIM tomorrow, two Black Signature, and 11 Black now. For 2 seats. I know that it is unusual to have more than 3 B. Signature, but it happens, as you see above.

I agree with @SenSCL, it is not easy to requalify for Black Signature if you do not fly Premium. I have flown a lot this year, and even with that, it will be a close call...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:40 am

In the flight for LIM tomorrow, two Black Signature, and 11 Black now. For 2 seats.
Well, then you should be safe in any case.

However, I have had it a couple of times that there is more seats opening up at the very last minute (more likely in planes with proper C though). Actually, the majority of my upgrades still clears at the airport and only now and then at -12 h.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
I have flown SCL-MEX several times in the last couple of years and have always been upgraded, even though I am "just" Black. Same goes for SCL-MAD and most other routes.
For me it is mostly SCL-AEP, SCL-GIG and SCL-GRU where the upg does not result. And mostly not because of Black Signature UPG requests, but because prem eco is completely sold out.
I can echo that experience. As far as I can judge it, even lower tiers occasionally benefit from longhaul upgrades. I used to score upgrades as a Gold and Platinum on flights to Europe or Mexico.

Of course, the Y+ cabin is particularly tiny and hence fills up easily.

"Competition" on the shorter sectors in Y+ and C also tends to be higher, because

a) this is LATAM's home market with higher "elite density" and
b) these flights are a good opportunity to burn your companion vouchers (6 don't get you too far, when travelling longhaul with a family), especially when operated with the 787 (yes, I know LATAM's C is not state-of-the-art, but I still like it).
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
In the flight for LIM tomorrow, two Black Signature, and 11 Black now. For 2 seats. I know that it is unusual to have more than 3 B. Signature, but it happens, as you see above.

I agree with @SenSCL, it is not easy to requalify for Black Signature if you do not fly Premium. I have flown a lot this year, and even with that, it will be a close call...
I guess there are 3 important reasons why that LIM flight is full of black/signature:
1- (and most obvious) it's going to LIM, tons of elite pax flying there for biz
2- the next leg of that flight goes to NYC, same as 1
3- it's a 787

I've been doing SCL-LIM a couple times (as a Gold) and never saw that many people trying to get an upg, it's just crazy! ... not even SCL-MAD is that difficult.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

The UPG list is now 24 people long... And the two Black S. were confirmed 12h before the flight.

Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Here is the upgrade list from my flight SCL-GRU. Five Black Signatures are ahead Never seen it before, usually I've seen a couple of them only in the list. I would agree with SenSCL here. This is probably the last year when we observe B.Signatures in such amount asking for an upgrade. Given the new qualification rules, in order to get into B.Signature one has to fly Premium pretty much all the time.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:08 am
Original Poster

@Carolinas, I was in that flight. I was told that 10 Black Signature were onboard, so 5 were paying J and the rest (of us...) economy.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:29 am

As most of them go down to just Black, I assume "time of check in" will become a battlefield next year!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, Aeromexico Club Premier Titanium, ConnectMiles Gold
LA703 MAD - GRU plenty of space

Hi,

On LA703 MAD-GRU last night (Monday night flight, arriving GRU Tuesday morning) there were only 3 or 4 on the upgrade list (1 Black Signature). After the upgrades, there were still some 7-8 empty seats.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, Aeromexico Club Premier Titanium, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by dbasulto
As most of them go down to just Black, I assume "time of check in" will become a battlefield next year!
At some point LATAM needs to re-evaluate their "check in time" policy.
Their current policy + you need to ask for the upgrade is very strange. Who does not want an upgrade?

I believe the procedures of AM and CM make more sense; automatic upgrades X hours before flight based on FF status level and then fare level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.