Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Lounge access rule for arriving flight in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN

Dear Latam experts, I will transit on SCL, arriving in Premium Business and onwards in Economy. It is possible to access the lounge in SCL using the incoming flight`s boarding pass? Tried to find the relevant rule online but with no success.

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Dear LUGlodo,

I am afraid that it will not work.

I assume this is an INTL to INTL connection?

If you are indeed flying Y and not PE, you would need status to access the lounge. Class of service is only relevant when departing said airport or using its arrival lounge, where applicable.

In SCL there are a few Priority Pass lounges and others who would let you in for a fee. Not even the LATAM lounge is that good, though, so if your connection is not so long I would believe your money would be better spent on a restaurant, eating decent food and having a drink.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:36 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Can anyone confirm this response to be true? I had not even given this another thought, and just assumed it would not be an issue.

My situation is the same as the OP - arriving in business on LAX-SCL, connecting SCL-MDZ in Y (single class A320, no option for J).

Will I really not be able to grab a shower & breakfast in the LAN lounge?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: LANPASS
Lounge access in SCL, as GRUflyer said, is available to:

Passengers DEPARTING SCL on a W or J seat.
Passengers with elite oneworld categories (Sapphire, Emerald)
Others, based on co-branding agreements.

Arrivals don't get lounge access

If you really need to, you can pay (although it's not cheap, around 55 dollars) to get access, but I don't think is worth the while.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN
It works

Hi everyone, just arrived from a BOG-SCL-GRU flight, first leg in Premium Business, second one in normal Economy.

Lounge access was extremely easy. The agent scanned the QR code of the incoming flight and asked to see the bp of the second leg. It worked smoothly.

Perhaps the most complicated thing here is finding the Latam lounge when on transit ;-). The elevator is in the middle of the departure duty free and not that well signaled.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:38 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by LUGlodo
Hi everyone, just arrived from a BOG-SCL-GRU flight, first leg in Premium Business, second one in normal Economy.

Lounge access was extremely easy. The agent scanned the QR code of the incoming flight and asked to see the bp of the second leg. It worked smoothly.

Perhaps the most complicated thing here is finding the Latam lounge when on transit ;-). The elevator is in the middle of the departure duty free and not that well signaled.
Maybe (well, probably) I'm biased to only wanting to listen to this scenario because it's what I want to hear, but this sound much more reasonable and like world standard rather than the alternative presented in the post above.

The only place I had heard of that "onward cabin dictating lounge access" for transit passengers was the Gulf carriers.

In my experience (which is limited to mainly north of the equator, granted), US, European, and Asian carriers allow lounge access based upon the entire one-way ticket's class of service, not the remaining segment.

Like I said, I hope I don't get turned away in SCL on the inbound.

CLG
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The distinction here is that you're dealing with an LA to LA connection, which is different than the One World rules, which specifically describe the next onward segment for lounge access.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:25 am
CLG

Originally Posted by LUGlodo
Dear Latam experts, I will transit on SCL, arriving in Premium Business and onwards in Economy. It is possible to access the lounge in SCL using the incoming flight`s boarding pass? Tried to find the relevant rule online but with no success.

Thanks!
I can now definitively say from experience that your situation allows SCL lounge access without issue. We had no problems using the LAN lounge during the layover before heading over to our all-economy SCL-MDZ flight.

CLG
Old Oct 18, 2023, 7:51 pm

GRU Sao Paulo LATAM Lounge

I arrived at the GRU Sao Paulo LATAM lounge on an upgraded Premier domestic flight with a connection on an international economy flight (both flights on the same ticket). They would not let me into the lounge, saying it is the upcoming ticket that needs to be Premier.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 4:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by claytonkimball
I arrived at the GRU Sao Paulo LATAM lounge on an upgraded Premier domestic flight with a connection on an international economy flight (both flights on the same ticket). They would not let me into the lounge, saying it is the upcoming ticket that needs to be Premier.
They are correct. Access to the lounge is based on the boardind pass of departure flight, not arrival flight, unless you have elite status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.