Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Denied fast track security at MAD

Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club

Hi folks.

I was denied access to fast track security at MAD T4 flying on LATAM in J and as a Oneworld Emerald. Is this correct?

Surely not?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: LATAM PASS B.SignatureAIR EUROPA PLATINUM, AZ FAP CLUB, TK ELITE, AV DIAMOND, HILTON DIAMOND, GULF G
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Hi folks.

I was denied access to fast track security at MAD T4 flying on LATAM in J and as a Oneworld Emerald. Is this correct?

Surely not?
Hi OPALFRUIT!
Madrid Fast track is very rare, always i flew with Latam from Madrid i was denied to used it(always emerald and J pax) they say "only IB", other day flying with IB i can access without problem, last month flying with AB i can used it. In oneworld website appear only avaliable for IB and AA, but i used it with several more airlines flying Y and being emerald. The rare think is if you are flying LA, but you have sapphire or emerald status issued by IB+ you can access (oro, platino, singular)
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: OZ*G, LA/Emerald, StarbucksHK Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Hi folks.

Surely not?
Not sure if I was on the same flight as you but I was also denied Fast Track in MAD on 4th Feb flying J and being LATAM Black as well. The male stall just keep repeating "Iberia only, LATAM No" and the female staff was just outright rude by saying "That's it, GO!" Really bad experience in an otherwise lovely trip.

Strange thing is that when looking at past history in the Lounge, Ben Schlappig from OMAAT had Fast Track access on the same route just a year ago.. something must have happened this year.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:01 pm

I've only have luck with Iberia and.... S7! Go figure. Depends on having "fast track" (instead of priority) on your boarding pass?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: OZ*G, LA/Emerald, StarbucksHK Lifetime Gold
One would have thought being a business class passenger and a OWE at a oneworld hub get fast track.... to be fair the regular line wasn't long either, but the staff were equally disgruntled.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
The frosted glass pane has logos of all eligible airlines. For some, e.g. QR, you have fast track access but you need a voucher from the check-in desk.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by BA6501
The frosted glass pane has logos of all eligible airlines. For some, e.g. QR, you have fast track access but you need a voucher from the check-in desk.
Yeah, I saw those - the two urchins manning the entrance took great pleasure in showing me the lack of a LATAM (or LAN or TAM) logo on there.

However, all of the airport signage directing you to the VIP Fast Track also feature OW Emerald and Sapphire logos on them... go figure.

I was a OW Emerald travelling in business class on a Oneworld operated and marketed flight from a OW hub airport. Crazy that you should be denied access to Fast Track security.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
BA elites also report difficulties at MAD fast track and it's part of the same company as IB, so no surprise LATAM flyers are also struggling
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Flying weekly from MAD on BA or IB as a BA Gold member has never seen me denied access, nor being second guessed.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:17 pm
NP_

Programs: LATAM Pass, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott Rewards
In July 2016 flew LA's MAD-FRA in Premium Business and was also denied the Fast Track Security service.
I was flying in to MAD from GRU also in Premium Business.

The guy said LATAM wasn't included and pointed to the dash which shows a few airlines logos, which are the ones supposedly allowed to the service, and LATAM wasn't in it.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I was refused in October when I flew the classic MAD-FRA 5th Freedom route on LA in business. They weren't rude, just said that LATAM doesn't pay for Fasttrack at MAD. Luckily there were very few people at normal security. I was even doubting I would get lounge access, but that worked out a k.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Fast track security is not a published benefit of Emerald or a Business class ticket,so they were well within their rights not to provide it.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Fast track security is not a published benefit of Emerald or a Business class ticket,so they were well within their rights not to provide it.
The fact is not being negated the entry, it is that there are signs (more than one) on the way with indications of oneWorld emerald ...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by saraoutou
The fact is not being negated the entry, it is that there are signs (more than one) on the way with indications of oneWorld emerald ...
Yeah,oneworld Emerald flying on qualifying airlines (IB and AA in this case). It's up to each airline to decide who they want to allow thru fast track and subsequently pay for it to AENA.

LATAM decided that it's not worth it for them to pay for any of their pax,so they don't get access. I don't see what does MAD being a OW hub has to do with any of it.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
It's the same at BCN, incidentally.

Travelled in J with LATAM last month (also OW Emerald), and was denied access.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.